logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jackster  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 7:18:50 AM(UTC)
Jackster

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So I have a HDMI splitter.

It worked fine with my other capture hard from another manufacture but my new Decklink Mini Recorder is not showing anything.

Plugging my camera in directly in it works fine, but from this splitter nothing.

I do have a long HDMI cable from it to the capture card but Camera > MicroHDMI > HDMI cable > Capture card works, and again worked on the other card.

Also have a Component to HDMI, works fine on the TV but the card is not picking up any video.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jack,
Len56  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 10:22:50 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I had a similar problem with a hdmi connecter I bought.

I have a gopro hero 3+ camera that has a micro hdmi socket, I bought a micro hdmi to hdmi cable for it but the cable was too short to go across the room so I bought a hdmi to hdmi connecter so I could connect two cables together, when I plugged the cables into my atem tv studio it would not see the camera, I looked on the black magic forum and people do say on there that black magic products don't like anything in between the cables so it has to be one cable to their products, I bought a 5 metre micro hdmi to hdmi cable and hay presto it worked perfectly. So your hdmi splitter is stopping the signal getting through.

I think the component to hdmi cable won't work with your card as the component side of the cable is not sending a full 1080i signal and your card doesn't down scale.

Jackster  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 11:49:30 AM(UTC)
Jackster

Man

Len56 wrote:
I had a similar problem with a hdmi connecter I bought.

I have a gopro hero 3+ camera that has a micro hdmi socket, I bought a micro hdmi to hdmi cable for it but the cable was too short to go across the room so I bought a hdmi to hdmi connecter so I could connect two cables together, when I plugged the cables into my atem tv studio it would not see the camera, I looked on the black magic forum and people do say on there that black magic products don't like anything in between the cables so it has to be one cable to their products, I bought a 5 metre micro hdmi to hdmi cable and hay presto it worked perfectly. So your hdmi splitter is stopping the signal getting through.

I think the component to hdmi cable won't work with your card as the component side of the cable is not sending a full 1080i signal and your card doesn't down scale.

Aww that sucks. Don't see how I can capture my PS3 now.

Might try HDMI to SDI, that is if HDCP gets knocked off when converted.

Thanks for the info.
Len56  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 12:33:19 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Jackster,

Can you tell me exactly what you are trying to do and what card you are using as you did not mention in your first post that you are using a PS3 and why you need to use a hdmi splitter.
Jackster  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 12:46:42 PM(UTC)
Jackster

Man

Len56 wrote:
Jackster,

Can you tell me exactly what you are trying to do and what card you are using as you did not mention in your first post that you are using a PS3 and why you need to use a hdmi splitter.

Capturing a PS3, splitter is for watching the output on a TV and sending to my decklink mini.
Len56  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 1:24:41 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Okay,

I looked up your decklink mini card on the BM web site and noticed it doesn't have a hdmi output like the Intensity Pro card I have so I don't have an answer for you how to get a TV to work with your card, but your card does come with the Media Express software which you record with on your PC, cant you watch the output with that? or use vMix and connect your TV via a VGA, DVI or HDMI cable from your computer graphics card and watch the output from the PS3 via vMix by going to fullscreen and choosing the TV.
jkmakela  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 2:26:43 PM(UTC)
jkmakela

I suppose PS3 hdmi output is hdcp protected? So you can not connect it into recorder or capture card?
Jackster  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 8:00:56 PM(UTC)
Jackster

Man

Can't connect it directly into the capture card.

BM cards care about HDCP sadly. The spitter is meant to bypass it but not working for me :/
Thremir  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:54:24 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Jackster wrote:
Can't connect it directly into the capture card.

BM cards care about HDCP sadly. The spitter is meant to bypass it but not working for me :/

I've got pretty much the same setup at home, working very good last time I used it (its been a while)

PS3 HDMI -> HDMI Splitter (With DHCP-stripper) -> Blackmagic Intensity Pro/Shuttle (got both), AVerMedia Extremecap U3 or Matrox MXO2 Mini and ofcourse TV.

Note that the Intensity-Range and the MiniRecorders doesn't support the bandwidth of a 1080p60 signal, so you've got either to put your PS3 to 1080i or 720p mode to get a picture.

It really sounds like the PS3 changes its output format to something the EDID data of the MiniRecorder says it can handle, but doesn't (just like windows PCs goes to 1080p60 mode once a Decklink device is connected)

I could try to hook up my setup again with a couple of 10m HDMI cables for troubleshooting if that'd be of help.

Cheers,
Håvard
Njastad Webshop