logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eliot Hochberg  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 3:41:26 PM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi!

I'm cross posting to Atomos forums as well, but thought maybe someone else has encountered this.

Using Blackmagic Decklink Quad 2 as input from several old Sony camcorders that output NTSC 1080i signal.

I've turned on deinterlace in vMix which appears to work on screen. Admit I haven't double checked native vMix recording to confirm we're recording from vMix directly in progressive.

Outputting back to the Quad 2 at 29.97p to the Ninja. But, the Ninja still won't record progressive, and I tried to adjust the settings there, but they won't change, which suggests that it's not getting a progressive input.

I'm using Blackmagic convertors to convert HD-SDI output to HDMI.

Can anyone tell me if there's anything in this flow that could be the culprit? I've messed with everything I can find, and it's still coming out progressive.

Yes, I know I'm working with an interlaced original signal, but if I can convert to progressive early in the workflow, I would prefer that.

Thanks for any suggestions
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 3:49:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
Blackmagic devices output progressive as interlaced by default.
Check the utility app that comes with the drivers, there should be an option to switch the output to true progressive in the settings.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 8/6/2021(UTC)
coburn26  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 4:42:36 PM(UTC)
coburn26

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Eliot Hochberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I'm cross posting to Atomos forums as well, but thought maybe someone else has encountered this.

Using Blackmagic Decklink Quad 2 as input from several old Sony camcorders that output NTSC 1080i signal.

I've turned on deinterlace in vMix which appears to work on screen. Admit I haven't double checked native vMix recording to confirm we're recording from vMix directly in progressive.

Outputting back to the Quad 2 at 29.97p to the Ninja. But, the Ninja still won't record progressive, and I tried to adjust the settings there, but they won't change, which suggests that it's not getting a progressive input.

I'm using Blackmagic convertors to convert HD-SDI output to HDMI.

Can anyone tell me if there's anything in this flow that could be the culprit? I've messed with everything I can find, and it's still coming out progressive.

Yes, I know I'm working with an interlaced original signal, but if I can convert to progressive early in the workflow, I would prefer that.

Thanks for any Walgreenslistens suggestions

hello,

Did you have a fix on this issue? Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldn't find this topic troubleshooting anywhere.