logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jomeurphy37  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:15:18 AM(UTC)
jomeurphy37

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but whilst vMix doesn't allow me to record to MP4 with the audio channels set to MABCDEFG, it will allow it when the "WAV File Record" button is enabled. However, whilst the resulting wave file is fine, the MP4 bugs out in most applications I've tried to edit it in due to the audio channels being read as 0 channels. Is there any way you could set the channel layout to Hexdecagonal (16 mono channels)? This would enable the resulting MP4 with AAC to be read by most software I believe and is within MP4/AAC spec. In the meantime I'm stripping out the video, transcoding the wave files to aac and recombining here but it would be great to eliminate those steps.

Oh, one final thing - no matter what I try I can't seem to fix the MP4 audio that's recorded this way - FFMPEG can't handle it and every attempt to force the channel layout to hexdecagonal fails. That said, Adobe Premiere/Audition do read the 16 channels and try to play back but seem to crash when I try to edit with them.

Cheers,
Joe Murphy