logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wassers  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 7:26:04 PM(UTC)
wassers

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hi,

I´m trying to make my life easier to control a scoreboard. I settled everything up in the GT Title Designer and now i want to change the scores via a knob on my midi interface.

Sounds easy. Creating a shortcut like this:

UserPostedImage

But nothing happens. The Description tells me, it should set the Text like the input value (in this case velocity).

I tried to specify the Value of the input and set a Text value for this specific one. This does work, but i cant set at least 40 individual shortcuts for each side. Mapping this knob to the replay speed is working aswell. So, do I misunderstand the description or is it a bug. Anyone some tips, how i can change the sore with the simple knob?

I´m using a behringer X-Touch mini as device and the newest version of vmix (24.0.0.63).
Thank you!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 7:38:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 921 time(s) in 760 post(s)
What are you specifying as the text to be put in the title (score) ?

Whatever Shortcut control you use; if a a text content already contains a value , say 0 , a Value being +=1 or -=1 will add/subtract to that current value in the title
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
wassers on 7/14/2021(UTC)
wassers  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 8:05:50 PM(UTC)
wassers

Germany

If I don´t tick the checkbox to a specific value, the value box is hidden.

UserPostedImage

In an ideal world, vmix takes the velocity of this knob as the value of the text. I belive, this is the intended behavior, because the value box is hidden in this configuration. If this is not doable, your hint with + and - is very usefull.

I also wonder, that the event is only fired, if the value / velocity of this knob hits "0". Even, when I don´t specify a value. Doesn´t this that the event should fire each time the value changes?
wassers  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 10:46:21 PM(UTC)
wassers

Germany

Thank you for the math values. This helps a lot.

If I don´t check a indivial Note value for this shortcut, the Value field of SetText is hidden.

UserPostedImage

But initally I would set the "velocity" of the knob to be displayed in the Textfield of the Score.

For example, if one team hits a field goal, i want to spin the knob one time. So the midi controller sends:
Channel:11 Note:11 and turn the Velocity from 6 to 7, when i spin the knob.

It is actuall the same way, when the speed of a clip is controlled by a midi interface. Vmix maps the velocity (0 - 127) to the speed (0-100)
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 11:50:18 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I just don't get why one would want to use a rotary knob to change a score/goal. One is setting himself up for mistakes in score display . Just use buttons IMO , will save a lot of headaches

FYI one is not limited to +/- 1
wassers  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 12:18:19 AM(UTC)
wassers

Germany

Controlling via Buttons is an option for scores, yes. But i have to display the down & distance in this football game aswell. The distance can be anything between 1 and 45 yards. In this case a more dynamic option is prefered by me.

I don´t have any headaches running into mistakes. The scoreboard will mostly be edited, when the replay is running. In this timeframe the scoreboard is not visible.

In my case, I have to deal with everything on my own, except cutting between cameras. Scoreboard, replays, player graphics and promotional clips are on my table or better: my shortcuts. This is why, i want to compress everything in as few buttons as possible.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 12:28:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: wassers Go to Quoted Post
Controlling via Buttons is an option for scores, yes. But i have to display the down & distance in this football game aswell. The distance can be anything between 1 and 45 yards. In this case a more dynamic option is prefered by me.

I don´t have any headaches running into mistakes. The scoreboard will mostly be edited, when the replay is running. In this timeframe the scoreboard is not visible.

In my case, I have to deal with everything on my own, except cutting between cameras. Scoreboard, replays, player graphics and promotional clips are on my table or better: my shortcuts. This is why, i want to compress everything in as few buttons as possible.

ok, got it.

Still personally i would opt for some external app that keeps track of it all , and like type in the yards which it then automatically sends it to the graphics for example including player graphics ( from list for example ) etc.
I know having to deal with it alone is finding the most practical way
wassers  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 12:41:01 AM(UTC)
wassers

Germany

This was my first intention. Easy setup via vmix Title Webinterface. But in this instance of control, i can´t see picturelayers from the GT Title Designer, which are needed to be (de-)activated (taken Timeouts, flags, etc.). I can manage them via shortcuts or by hand in Vmix. Shortcut Webinterface is used for video clips, so this is not the option to take.

Do you have a recommendation for an external app? I saw one ore two in the meantime, but i didn´t believed, that they would satisfy me.

Thank you for your advice!
doggy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 1:53:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: wassers Go to Quoted Post

Do you have a recommendation for an external app? I saw one ore two in the meantime, but i didn´t believed, that they would satisfy me.

Custom made, specific to the tasks