logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bardiccollege  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 8:30:02 AM(UTC)
Bardiccollege

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey, so as a content creator I need to record lots of live content then return to it for a reedit later. I need a way to log important moments live so I can return later for edits on my Davinci Resolve system.

Is there any way we can get something like this - even if its just a TC timestamp with the live-contents name & date?

Maybe it would work by stamping select triggers and logging the timestamp.

For example:

I will record a two hour interview, during the interview I am switching it live, lets say I have two trigger keys for making cuts from A CAM to B CAM, both triggers perform a simple cut,
however trigger two also logs a timestamp on a record for the live stream.
When I'm preforming normal cuts purely to keep the interview flowing on the live stream I use trigger 1; but when the guest says something particularly noteworthy I use trigger 2.

Weeks later I can access the recorded content with uncut master shots, I import them into my NLE and use my log sheet to find those most important moments so I can make my short form content.

Thanks for reading
ask  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 10:55:15 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Seems to me that a solution would be to use a program like auto-hotkeys that would trigger an entry in a text file that would include the time (calculated from the start of recording) and a descriptive line. I would find a friendly developer to come up with a solution for you. Write your requirements in a user story.

" As a (director) I want to (log important moments live) in order to (find those most important moments so I can make my short form content)"
doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 4:06:56 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
There are a few options available

- a shortcut/trigger for the WriteDurationToRecordingLog with optional text value
- a shortcut/trigger to call a vMix script that can write to a textfile https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post81326
- What Ask said
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Bardiccollege on 7/12/2021(UTC)
shawntempesta  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:50:10 PM(UTC)
shawntempesta

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
There are a few options available

- a shortcut/trigger for the WriteDurationToRecordingLog with optional text value
- a shortcut/trigger to call a vMix script that can write to a textfile https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post81326
- What Ask said

This code was literally written for me. Works like a charm. Cannot suggest it enough. The hardest part is remembering to actually hit the damn button.
thanks 1 user thanked shawntempesta for this useful post.
Bardiccollege on 9/22/2023(UTC)