logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlanZ  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 5:57:11 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I don't know when this started happening, but it has only been recently, so I'm wondering if a vMix update is causing an issue.

For systems that have been working properly, suddenly the microphone audio for inputs no longer appears.

This has happened on three separate systems, all using current builds of vMix 24 (one machine is mine, two others are users at two other locations)

On one system this was a microphone for an audio input. On the other systems these were camera inputs with microphones.

All of these presets have been working fine, but all of a sudden, the audio is gone from the input.
The physical device connections on the machines have not changed.

Normally, I'd just do a reset on the input, but that didn't work.
So, I tried using "Change" for the existing input, and reselecting the microphone... and that didn't work either.

So, I tried adding the mic as a NEW audio input, and it worked.
Similarly, I had to delete the existing inputs and create NEW camera inputs with the microphones.

So, for some reason, inputs have been losing the ability to recognize their audio source... and I thought it worth reporting here to see if anyone else has been seeing this.
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 7:03:35 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Alan,

I've seen some weird audio stuff lately on my PCS and on some of my clients. Most issues have been solved by a Windows Update. Might that be the case for you, too?

- Tom
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 10:26:30 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Tom took the words from my keyboard ;)

Alan, whenever I had similar issues with audio, it has been because a Windows update was in progress (even though I had auto updating post-poned.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
sinc747 on 7/3/2021(UTC)
AlanZ  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 2:11:16 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Here is the dialog box I get whenever I attempt to open ANY previous preset that used this microphone (a Mackie Onyx Blackjack interface)
audio error.png (9kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

These presets have worked for years, but suddenly started getting this error a few weeks ago.
As mentioned, I had to delete and recreate the input (the new input is working fine) because "change" on the input did not fix the issue.

Any thoughts as to what causes this error?
AlanZ  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 1:37:48 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Any thoughts on this?
AlanZ  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 2:11:40 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

So I am assuming that there must have been a VST3 plugin installed that's no longer available.
However, when looking at the xml code for the preset, I can't seem to find a way to determine which plugin was in use
Is there a way to find out which plugin caused the error?

After getting the error message, that input does not load, but all of the other inputs load
Although the input is missing, the audio appears in the program but because the settings of the input is missing (mute in headphones, matrix adjusted for dual mono), the mic is heard over my speakers and comes over only on the left channel

So although recreating the input solves the problem, it might be worth noting that once the system is in this state, after changing to any other preset, the mic is still heard, so it is effectively latched with no way to turn it off ... other than restarting vMix.

The reason I mention this is that perhaps the error dialog might be more detailed and contain a hint as to what was causing the problem
Also my guess is that when the input fails to load, the audio source should also not load.

AlanZ  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 11:59:30 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Any forum thoughts on this, or should I contact support directly?