logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thomas4d  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 2:33:17 PM(UTC)
Thomas4d

Groups: Registered
Australia

I'm trying to streaming live music How can I capture and steam the output of USB Audio device ??

I was running through 3 USB audio devices But it seems Windows 10 is rebuilding something in USB land and Has broken the ability to run 3 audio devices at once ( also has killed my my kintec camera )

I have added system audio from this thread https://www.vmix.com/knowledgebase/article.aspx/107/recording-the-system-audio-in-vmix but that did work I think due to the fact I'm using a External Audio device ( AXE I/O )

so maybe the issue is I'm not using System audio ?

I'm using Ezdrummer for drum tracks going to a USB audio device ( was Presonus USB 96 ) AND AmpliTube for guitar effects going to AXR I/O USB Audio

how do I capture the sound from the AXE I/O device ? All I see in Vmix are the inputs channel Where can I get the Outputs channels ?

here's what I'm trying to do in Vmix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFekY6jQNg
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 10:23:38 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Thomas4d Go to Quoted Post
How can I capture and steam the output of USB Audio device ??
...that did not work I think due to the fact I'm using a External Audio device ( AXE I/O )

so maybe the issue is I'm not using System audio ?
I'm using Ezdrummer for drum tracks going to a USB audio device ( was Presonus USB 96 ) AND AmpliTube for guitar effects going to AXR I/O USB Audio
how do I capture the sound from the AXE I/O device ? All I see in Vmix are the inputs channel Where can I get the Outputs channels ?

There's no generic way to capture an audio output device - by default it is a one-way device - unless the driver specifically offers you a loopback "virtual input device", as is the case for the Stereo Mix device which is part of the Realtek audio devices found on many motherboards, and hence commonly used for the "system audio".

The obvious solution is to capture the output of the USB audio device by connecting it (i.e. the analogue output signal) to the input of another audio device with a spare input. Or if your analogue outputs are being mixed externally (in a hardware mixer) then just take a mixed feed back into vMix by whatever connection method you normally use for that mixer.