logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meremultimedia  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 8:50:19 AM(UTC)
meremultimedia

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello, sorry for my english.

Is possibile use One Drive like Google Drive for data source or Excel online?

I use a sharepoint site for share sport table data with all the people of my company and i dont know how can i link to vmix.

Thanks!
MickeyMJJ  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 6:40:23 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
if you find the answer, please share it. I am very interested in this and could not find anything relevant.
The best I managed to get was to synchronize a SharePoint database with an Excel file. But for the sync to work, the Excel file must remain open, but if it remains open, vMix does not retrieve the updates.
thanks 1 user thanked MickeyMJJ for this useful post.
meremultimedia on 10/7/2023(UTC)
ggudnason  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 8:51:38 PM(UTC)
ggudnason

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1
thanks 1 user thanked ggudnason for this useful post.
WaltG12  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 6:44:54 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, as I'm not familiar with Microsoft Office/365's offerings, but it feels like it might be able to at least give you a step in the right direction. Or I could be completely off-base.

Either way, it might help someone.

In Windows 10 (at least), you can use Windows Explorer's "Add a Network Location" to connect to OneDrive.

This allows you to browse OneDrive folders & contents just the same as any folder/data stored locally on your machine.
IAmAkkim  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2023 4:42:00 AM(UTC)
IAmAkkim

United States

Bumping this to try to get this added to vMix.

Basically, it's Microsoft's version of Google Sheets - but of course, requires authentication.

This would allow the integration and use of Excel without having to clobber the file/locks that we run into when trying to deal with updating Excel contents to automatically update vMix title contents.

Co-authoring and polling of O365 data would allow for the quickest, non-intrusive version of this.
thanks 1 user thanked IAmAkkim for this useful post.
mavik  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2023 12:58:32 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I use a Onedrive Excel spreadsheet as a datasource. Sharepoint to my knowledge is comparible with onedrive. I quickly tried it and vMix can't open directly the link to the pptx on sharepoint BUT, on sharepoint browse to the document structure on the left side and in the menu where new,upload etc is, there is a button called "Add shortcut to OneDrive". Click that and you will get the same folder structure in onedrive and can add it to your project from there.
IAmAkkim  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2023 7:05:35 AM(UTC)
IAmAkkim

United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
I use a Onedrive Excel spreadsheet as a datasource. Sharepoint to my knowledge is comparible with onedrive. I quickly tried it and vMix can't open directly the link to the pptx on sharepoint BUT, on sharepoint browse to the document structure on the left side and in the menu where new,upload etc is, there is a button called "Add shortcut to OneDrive". Click that and you will get the same folder structure in onedrive and can add it to your project from there.

This doesn't work for people who don't actually have sharepoint/business implementations of O365. But still the real challenge is - how to open Excel online so it works as simply as Google Sheets. To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft gets a bit fussy about anonymous access to Excel files out there.

My work-around is making it so that my spreadsheet exports a copy of relevant data to a CSV and then using that CSV as a data source. It's not ideal, but it works. It would be much easier if it would just work with Excel Online through OneDrive, etc.
thanks 1 user thanked IAmAkkim for this useful post.