logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lyinawake  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 3:12:49 PM(UTC)
lyinawake

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I would like to request the Multi-corder functionality be added to the HD license for those who have no desire to work in 4k format as of yet but still want the full vMix functionality. If you do not want to include that functionality at no charge, then would you be able to create a new licensing level of HD + Multi-corder? The prospect of spending double on the license just to get that feature is not very appealing.

Thanks!

doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 3:44:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
see my previous request

any balance possible ?
lyinawake  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:49:01 PM(UTC)
lyinawake

This is my 2nd thread in the "Feature Requests" forum and I have heard nothing from vMix on either of them. Are these being read?
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:35:56 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ lyinawake

To be fair, the Multi-corder has always been a "top-of-the-line" feature in vMix even before 4K support and to be honest, I think Martin has been more than fair with his pricing and ongoing support compared to other products on the market. I don't think the request has fallen on deaf ears but sometimes business decisions have to be adhered to and I think this is one of those times. There is likely no response that can appease everyone or not open up a whole new can of worms and I suspect it is easier to let such requests find their way to the bottom of the priority list than to try and devote time to them or formulate an appropriate response. I can't predict the future or know if Martin will provide "a la carte" feature purchases down the road, but I suspect that if it is a request that garners sufficient interest, I am sure it is something that will be considered. In the meantime, if it's a feature you "must" have, you'll have to buy it like everyone else that has or save for it (as I am).
Just my opinion.

Ice
admin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:47:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

A few points to consider:

1. As per the note on this forum: http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=1238
We can't reply to all feature requests, but I do at least read all of them.

2. Not too long ago MultiCorder was the only feature in HD Pro (Now 4K). We have significantly
increased the value of the 4K version by adding additional features such as 4K support, an extra Fullscreen output and an extra External output.

3. vMix 4K is still significantly cheaper than the nearest competitor

Regards,

Martin
vMix
doggy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 2:48:27 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
I really think requestig multicorder is pushing it and completely understand the arguements but in my original request I was merely asking a option to split a streaming output and a recording output to at least be able to have a clean input recording footage without all overlays (scores, titles etc) used in the stream.

currently one is forced to record what one streams

a balance ?

I get the argument to upgrade to 4k or save for the upgrade as put forward by some which is easy to say. agree is not expensive compared to but as hobbyist not makig a revenu out of it it does make a difference in deciding.

I imagine the software is still popular with small producers and hope it can remain this way that can be used as argument against going full blown all in lisences ( and hardware for that matter).

Would be sad if vMix would become a pro only ;-)