logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MartLeib  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:03:03 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Groups: Registered
Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Looking for a way to set DynamicInputs based on the input that is currently being hovered by the cursor. At this time we can define DynamicInput as input number or input name but I would like to add selection for Hover as well.

We can already create shortcuts using the Hover from the input dropdown, it adds a lot of flexibility to the shortcuts and cuts down on the number of clicks and shortcuts a lot.

Now we have such a use case:

1. On MIDI key down show Hover input preview, turn on Solo, change VideoCallAudioSource
  2. If needed, the operator can close the preview, go into EQ, color correction, etc. do required changes to the image/audio
  3. Hover again over the correct input and let go of the MIDI key
  4. On MIDI key up, hide Hover input preview, turn off Solo, change VideoCallAudioSource

Since at the moment we have to define SetDynamicInput1 manually using the text field, we can not use it as dynamically as we would like, if we could use Hover as SetDynamicInput1 input we could follow such flow:

1. On MIDI key down show Hover input preview, turn on Solo, change VideoCallAudioSource, SetDynamicInput1 to Hover input
  2. If needed, the operator can close the preview, go into EQ, color correction, etc. do required changes to the image/audio
  3. On MIDI key up, hide DynamicInput1 input preview, turn off Solo, change VideoCallAudioSource, set DynamicInput1 to blank

And if you already are adding Hover you could add Active and Preview as well, I have no use cases for them at this point but it would streamline Shortcut input selection and SetDynamicInput input selection since they would match in the UI. On the other hand, you should not remove the ability to use a custom field.

I would like to think that I could achieve the desired result using scripts as well but it won't invalidate the FR. But until this FR gets implemented I am interested in the workarounds.
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Just figured it out, I could use -3 to get hover input. But I will keep the FR active still.
MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:43:26 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Never mind, -3 does not work as expected. It basically creates dynamic dynamic input. If I SetDynamicInput1 to -3 it acts as Hover, it does not "record" input that was hovered during the shortcut press but it starts working as "Hover" from the shortcut drop down.