logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ninomusica  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:05:43 AM(UTC)
ninomusica

Groups: Registered
Venezuela

Hi pros,

I´m new in the forum i have been using Vmix for my productions using SDI.

This time i´m looking to buy 3 x Panasonic AW-HN38H NDI PTZ camera in order to connect them through NDI to my Vmix.

About the controller i´m looking to control pan/tilt and zoom through Panasonic AW-RP60 or through single X-keys XK-12 Joystick.(https://xkeys.com/xk12joystick.html)

As you may know the Panasonic one is very expensive vs the X-keys XK-12 Joystick but at the same time is more robust and other functions.

So my questions are:

1.- Can i use an AW-RP60 controller and the Vmix in the same network using NDI output camera and receiving the control of the Panasonic one? I mean the camera will be receiving control and sending NDI video by the same RJ45 port. Anaybody is working at this way?

2.- Or, can i connect the Panasonic controller to Vmix?

3.- Could anybody tell me if X-keys XK-12 Joystick has a good performance doing pan/tilt/zoom?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks in adavance!!

AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:25:28 PM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Biased opinion here, but I'd go the RP60 route everyday and twice on Sunday. The Pana controllers give you access to ALL camera functions, most importantly letting you adjust camera shading/iris/color control. I've not used the xkeys joystick, but other generic joysticks connected to my Panasonics (AW-HE 40/60/130) thru vMix results in sloppy/sluggish motion control. The Pana controllers let you assign different speeds and scope of functions to preset positions stored in its controller, something you will never get with aftermarket controllers. The control from my RP50 joysticks is VERY precise and I do follow movements frequently on this controller. Also, I prefer to have another person besides the vMix OP controlling camera movement, so having a controller not tied to vMix makes a lot of sense to me.

To your other questions...

1. Yes one network cable to the cameras gives you POE power, camera control, and NDI video. If you assign the camera IP to the vMix input you can have rudimentary control of camera motion, but I find recalling positioning this way rather clunky and the moves are not "on-air" worthy. Handy when my camera operator is on break tho...

2. the Pana controllers simply connect to the same network your cameras are on and talk directly to the cameras, so no you don't connect the controller to vMix.

3. No data
ninomusica  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 1:41:06 AM(UTC)
ninomusica

Venezuela

Originally Posted by: AudioGreg Go to Quoted Post
Biased opinion here, but I'd go the RP60 route everyday and twice on Sunday. The Pana controllers give you access to ALL camera functions, most importantly letting you adjust camera shading/iris/color control. I've not used the xkeys joystick, but other generic joysticks connected to my Panasonics (AW-HE 40/60/130) thru vMix results in sloppy/sluggish motion control. The Pana controllers let you assign different speeds and scope of functions to preset positions stored in its controller, something you will never get with aftermarket controllers. The control from my RP50 joysticks is VERY precise and I do follow movements frequently on this controller. Also, I prefer to have another person besides the vMix OP controlling camera movement, so having a controller not tied to vMix makes a lot of sense to me.

To your other questions...

1. Yes one network cable to the cameras gives you POE power, camera control, and NDI video. If you assign the camera IP to the vMix input you can have rudimentary control of camera motion, but I find recalling positioning this way rather clunky and the moves are not "on-air" worthy. Handy when my camera operator is on break tho...

2. the Pana controllers simply connect to the same network your cameras are on and talk directly to the cameras, so no you don't connect the controller to vMix.

3. No data

Hi, thank you so much for your soon answer.

So, based on your comments:

- I will buy a Panasonic controller, X-Key one seems too basic and no precise through Vmix at least.

- I can´t see any problem using an NDI camera stream from the camera and using a Panasonic controller at the same time in the same network.

Thanks again