logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
byevad  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 4:24:52 AM(UTC)
byevad

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

I'm Having an annoying issue where vmix caller hears an echo of their own voice only when my headset mic is live. I have just swapped over from a usb desk mic / headphones setup and never had this issue before. Because of my workflow, i need my mic latched on when speaking to callers as I normally have to use both hands.

Things i do know:

Steelseries Arctis 3 headset

Headset mic is not picking up overspill from the headphones as it still happens when headphone volume is completely off and still happens when mic is deactivated from the headset control

My headset uses two separate 3.5 jacks, one for mic, one for sound which are plugged into green and pink at the back of pc. I need this setup as all usb slots are used

I think I have looked at every obvious setting in vmix but nothing changes / fixes it

Doesn't happen with Zoom but haven't yet tried it with other systems yet

Could be a sound card issue but mine is just listed as 'High Definition Audio Device' and the drivers seem to be up to date and there are no previous drivers to roll back to

I believe this is a fairly common issue but it seems impossible to find a good answer for this on google

Things I don't know:

What the hell is going on

mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:17:31 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Well, you have to try to isolate the issue.
First I would start with using a seperate bus for the guests
Use the routing function and busses to hear when the effect starts to happen. When it starts you know at least where to take a closer look.