logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nik Ieva  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 7:15:59 PM(UTC)
Nik Ieva

Groups: Registered
Italy

I admit to being a beginner, can you tell me if there is a video tutorial on how to best use instant replay?
For example,I'm using three cameras in replay, when I choose -5, as Mark-in camera 1, camera 2 and 3are also marked, how do I give a different Mark-in/Out on camera 2 and a different one on camera 3?
xaver  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 11:42:36 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
If you set a mark, it's allways for all camera angels, because it's only a timestamp
ThommiTechnik  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 12:40:38 AM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nik Ieva Go to Quoted Post
I admit to being a beginner, can you tell me if there is a video tutorial on how to best use instant replay?
For example,I'm using three cameras in replay, when I choose -5, as Mark-in camera 1, camera 2 and 3are also marked, how do I give a different Mark-in/Out on camera 2 and a different one on camera 3?

I did it for you ;)

There has been a course with a professional EVS-operator last year. Maybe you should contact Tom Sinclair here, or in the FB-group, if he is willing to share the videos, because it has been a paid course.

Cheers, Thomas
Radiotvpat1982  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 8:35:32 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
These tutorials are a good starting point but the thing about VMIX is it's very dependent on how you are using it.

For example, it's very different depending on whether you have a devoted op on a separate machine or using a single op and single machine.

The other key thing that varies is the control surface. Replay is so dependent on being fast and efficient in every way. Having a devoted control surface for me is a must but since VMIX does not have a standard CS you really have to spend the time to configure the CS correctly.

Another thing to consider is what sport you are doing and what the best workflow is. Some sports are continuous play and some are not. For example basketball, soccer and hockey are continuos while baseball, football, and volleyball have a defined start and stop through the game. This makes the use or not use of hotkey marking very important.

Lastly, be aware that there are major changes in workflow from VMIX 23 to 24. The A/B standard workflow is a major improvement for 23.

If you are really serious about needing some one on one training feel free to DM me and we can work something out for remote training.