logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob Brazner  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 12:32:12 PM(UTC)
Bob Brazner

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm feeding 1080p NDI video to vMix and outputting it to Zoom where it is noticeably appearing in a lower resolution. Here's our setup: The input camera is a Mevo Start running 1080p at 15Mbps. It is sending NDI via wired Ethernet. In vMix Settings for Output, we are configured for 1920x1080 (which matches the NDI camera). In the vMix Program window, everything looks crystal clear. I'm using vMix External to provide a direct video feed to Zoom (i.e., I'm able to directly select the vMix video in the Zoom video camera selection). In vMix External Settings we are configured for 1920x1080. In other words, I believe I've done everything possible in vMix to preserve 1080p resolution in what gets sent to Zoom. Yet, in Zoom the video resolution is noticeably degraded for the vMix participant. I also tried a second approach where I enabled vMix NDI output and had Zoom input it by way of NDI Virtual Input, and there was no difference than the direct External method. Any ideas on what would cause such a marked degradation of resolution in Zoom? I've tried with and without the HD option in Zoom video settings. We have a regular Zoom business account; should I be down-scaling the video in vMix (e.g., to 1280x720) before I send it to Zoom?
yimmyo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 1:38:59 AM(UTC)
yimmyo

United States

Are you using Zoom Meeting or Webinar?

Zoom only goes to 720p (@ 1 mbps iirc) except for enterprise accounts that have 1080p enabled on the backend.

Also, Zoom only does 720p for two people. Once you add a third it drops to SD.

Good info here - https://streamgeeks.us/h...r-video-quality-in-zoom/
Vince Beck  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 2:30:56 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Is the degradation on a remote Zoom computer, or while viewing you own camera on the local computer? I use Zoom via NDI and the local quality is always prestine, but Zoom compresses it to complete garbage.
Bob Brazner  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 12:37:42 PM(UTC)
Bob Brazner

United States

We are doing Zoom meetings. We have a business account with the 1080p option enabled. We've selected Enable Group HD. On the Zoom computer that's receiving the vMix video feed (via direct vMix External), the HD option is selected in Video Settings. When this computer becomes the Active Speaker, our hope is all would see it as 1080p, including the outbound RTMP live stream. Alas, such is not the case.
Lehman145  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 9:34:05 PM(UTC)
Lehman145

United States

I am using Wirecast's virtual camera for IT training in Zoom. include screenshots explaining the workflow and showing the quality loss. other participants but your Wirecast output quality will be vastly improved.

expressHR
jerome13003  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
jerome13003

Brazil

Originally Posted by: Bob Brazner Go to Quoted Post
I'm feeding 1080p NDI video to vMix and outputting it to Zoom where it is noticeably appearing in a lower resolution. Here's our setup: The input camera is a Mevo Start running 1080p at 15Mbps. It is sending NDI via wired Ethernet. In vMix Settings for Output, we are configured for 1920x1080 (which matches the NDI camera). In the vMix Program window, everything looks crystal clear. I'm using vMix External to provide a direct video feed to Zoom (i.e., I'm able to directly select the vMix video in the Zoom video camera selection). In vMix External Settings we are configured for 1920x1080. In other words, I believe I've done everything possible in vMix to preserve 1080p resolution in what gets sent to Zoom. Yet, in Zoom the video resolution is noticeably degraded for the vMix participant. I also tried a second approach where I enabled vMix NDI output and had Zoom input it by way of NDI Virtual Input, and there was no difference than the direct External method. Any ideas on what would cause such a marked degradation of resolution in Zoom? I've tried with and without the HD option in Zoom video settings. We have a regular Zoom business account; should I be down-scaling the video in vMix (e.g., to 1280x720) before I send it to Zoom?

hi did find a solution for this? this is also my problem
Bob Brazner  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:24:57 PM(UTC)
Bob Brazner

United States

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for @jerome13003. When I originally posted, we were feeding vMix to Zoom, and then using Zoom to RTMP upstream to BoxCast and from there to YouTube, Facebook and the BoxCast player on our website. So, Zoom resolution was critically important to us at that time. Now, we use vMix to do our RTMP upstreaming to BoxCast at 1080p and we are successful in that endeavor to reach our primary audience. We continue to feed 1080p from vMix to Zoom, but frankly we haven't spent any time trying to improve the resolution for that audience.
richardgatarski  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:33:37 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
@jerome13003, did you read yimmyo's post?