logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 5:21:05 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have a scenario where I need to cut to the new input on frame 0. Right now it has a 1 frame overlap which causes a flicker. You can see the stinger transition in action here:
Code:
https://youtu.be/iGVuIJxUuTs?t=779

I basically made an image with a semi transparent background and use that on a multiview together with the camera input. I used the same image in Resolve to animate it and create a stinger. Now, if I cut to the clean camera input using the animation as a stinger, you have this really cool effect, however, it flashes white for 1 frame, because the original image is there for 1 frame while the stinger overlays with the same image, causing 2 images with a semi transparent background to overlap. This could be solved if I can set the Stinger Cut Point to frame 0, but inputting 0 will disable the stinger.

Is there a possibility to set the stinger cut point to 0 without disabling it? If not, could an option be added in a future version? Right now I'm on vMix version 24.0.0.58

Thanks in advance!

P.s. See the same kind of animation without flashing white here because the cut point was now at the end of the stinger instead of at the beginning:
Code:
https://youtu.be/iGVuIJxUuTs?t=6365
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:02:52 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
IMO a easier solution might just be a GT tittle with a partial transparency that zooms out and fades out and the revers for the in as overlay
guidogast  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:27:32 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
IMO a easier solution might just be a GT tittle with a partial transparency that zooms out and fades out and the revers for the in as overlay

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I'm stuck with an HD license, so custom GT Titles are not an option for me unfortunately.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:36:08 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I'm stuck with an HD license, so custom GT Titles are not an option for me unfortunately.

Understand, xaml title is also an option (created in Blend for Visual Studio for the animation)

Using this as a title and overlay it will be far more practical with the bonus of easier text changing

Image sequence is also an option and overlay

To be fair you are not really cutting between inputs where a stinger is functional

guidogast  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:47:43 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Understand, xaml title is also an option (created in Blend for Visual Studio for the animation)

Using this as a title and overlay it will be far more practical with the bonus of easier text changing

Image sequence is also an option and overlay

To be fair you are not really cutting between inputs where a stinger is functional

I totally understand this is not a typical stinger transition, but to be fair, I created the graphic and animation quite fast and so it saves a lot of time and the trouble of getting into Blend.

I was just wondering why the Stinger is disabled when the cut point is set to 0. Doesn't make a lot of sense in my mind, because you can just use a fade transition.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:55:52 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Getting into Blend is only once (to create the animations) instead of each time creating a new image sequence for a change of text ;-)

vMix often allows for multiple options , just a matter of choosing the right one based on the (current) limitations of each

regarding the 0 cut point , The vMix universe works in mysterious ways, probably has a reason if not this FT might be adapted at some point