logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ejkravetz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:42:47 AM(UTC)
ejkravetz

Groups: Registered
Canada

We have some Intel NUC laptops with the following specs.

i7 9750 2.6
16gb ram
SSD
NVIDIA 2070 Max Q GPU

We are always using VMIX DESKKTOP CAPTURE for NDI and I am having an interesting issue with these machines. We always capture both monitors in dual set-up. VMIX DESKTOP CAPTURE sees 2 displays but when I capture them they are both the same as if we are duplicating displays. Even though it is seeing 2 desktops it is displaying the video from desktop 1 on both inputs.

With all other laptops we have, we don't experience this. I can't find anything about this on the forums or for that matter anywhere I search. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I imagine this has something to do with graphic card settings but I am at a bit of a loss on this at the moment.

jvl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 4:57:22 AM(UTC)
jvl

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
how about using NDI tools screen capture instead?
ejkravetz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:32:02 AM(UTC)
ejkravetz

Canada

So both NDI Scan Converter and VMIX Desktop work. The issue is that with Scan Converter does not do dual monitor. (Unless I'm missing something.) That is a function we use. The interesting part is that in further development, if I make the secondary monitor the primary, all of the sudden VMIX Desktop capture sees both displays separately the way we want it to happen.

Must be a setting with the video card.
AudioGreg  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 2:01:16 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
While I don't have the NUC laptop, I do have the NUC9 Pro with a 2070 card, also many regular 4x4 NUCs. All are able to send dual monitor feeds over NDI into vMix using NDI Tools Screen Capture (formerly named Scan Converter - update to 4.6 esp if using vMix 24). I'd suggest looking into the nVidia utility and make sure all monitor outputs are enabled, and also in Windows settings to see which GPU your monitors are being fed from. Disabling the Intel GPU in BIOS might force everything to the 2070, but sometimes they hardwire outputs to the Intel limiting what you can do.