logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
x422man  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 4:05:20 AM(UTC)
x422man

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Recording multiple camera angles for replay from blackmagic hd-sdi inputs with embedded audio from cameras. Is there any way to set the recording level, or even set a preferred playback level for the individual cameras. at present when recording a camera feed, i have say 2 cameras, one is coming in low, while second is coming in high.

i record both and then play them back as multi-camera replay event. i cannot find a way to normalise the two cameras against each other when played back. using the replay audio mixer sets the level for both track, so if i add some gain to lift the low level camera, the high level camera gets louder.

playback levels of the individual camera inputs in the audio mixer has no effect when they are played back as a replay

the input channel mix level is not recorded, the original level is recorded instead, so cannot turn up/down on input stage
ie. if camera input is coming in at -12dbfs, and i reduce to -20dbfs in channel mixer, then replay is played back -12dbfs again. so
this seems to indicate the level set is ignored. same with input gain.

also, is there any way to adjust the background audio track level in replay, other than encoding the audio file with a preset level.
works for some things, but if you need to drop the level in a live event, the only way is with the replay output audio mixer level and that affect all the audio in the replay including camera audio. is there a way the separate this control of levels.

thanx in advance for any guidance on this. been trying to find a solution for a while now.

x422man