logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jason Vaughan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 6:56:45 AM(UTC)
Jason Vaughan

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure what was going on.

I had my Epiphan Pearl embed audio and switch 3 cameras, the embedded HDMI output plugged into an HDMI monitor with speakers played audio and showed video.

Ran that same HDMI into the both the Magewell HDMI and AJA HDMI - USB capture cards and neither would pass the audio. I didn't have a separate audio capture card available so I ended up using NDI from the Pearl into the Vmix box via a GB switch and had some glitching / freezes with video.

My capture card worked before with embedded audio capture, just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this...? I have the latest Vmix updates, so I'm wondering if something got broke or maybe the Pearl embeds the audio in a way the capture card doesn't like but still works with a monitor...?

Thanks !

UPDATE: Since nobody responded, had to delve deeper and its now fixed. My room. mate and I had some fun but the fix was windows 10 privacy settings was blocking access to the "microphone" device in windows. FCUK I hate windows, anyway, allowed it and it was all fixed. Also, you want to make sure your default windows devices are all working. At some point my audio device was also disabled... so check those two settings if you have this issue.
thanks 2 users thanked Jason Vaughan for this useful post.
grantcoll on 12/20/2022(UTC), jameslex on 1/26/2023(UTC)
grantcoll  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 8:47:48 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi Jason, thanks heaps for posting the update. You helped me finding this problem as well.