logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KJPark  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:38:17 PM(UTC)
KJPark

Groups: Registered
Man
Norway

I've spent a hole 6 hour stream to figure out whats wrong with the alert for volume.

If i set the lowest volume to for example: -20db.
Everytime the audio goes below -20, it begins to count for the set time. In this case, I've tried 5 and 10 seconds.

When it goes below, it counts until the audio goes above. Then pauses. If it reaches let's say 4 seconds, it will continue to count from 4 seconds once the audio goes under the set db level. This causes the alert to activate everytime it reaches the set time in total seconds. It's very frustrating to see the alert popping up all the time when it's actually a false alarm.

Can this get fixed?
SpaceAge  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 12:05:21 AM(UTC)
SpaceAge

United States

Originally Posted by: KJPark Go to Quoted Post
I've spent a hole 6 hour stream to figure out whats wrong with the alert for volume.

Everytime the audio goes below -20, it begins to count for the set time. In this case, I've tried 5 and 10 seconds.

When it goes below, it counts until the audio goes above. Then pauses. If it reaches let's say 4 seconds, it will continue to count from 4 seconds once the audio goes under the set db level. This causes the alert to activate everytime it reaches the set time in total seconds. It's very frustrating to see the alert popping up all the time when it's actually a false alarm.

Can this get fixed?

I'm glad you were able to establish a pattern for this but I would go as far to say that this particular alert just does not work. Just yesterday (24 April) the alert was flashing as someone was speaking so loudly that my levels were peaking. I dropped the db level to -40 and still the alert was going off as the levels were at -1db.

I love the idea of the audio alert as it could save streams and recordings when the audio is not working or routed properly but as it is currently implemented it shows to many false flags and doesn't work as intended. I hope someone can take a deeper look into fixing it.
Brown_070  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:42:07 PM(UTC)
Brown_070

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: KJPark Go to Quoted Post

When it goes below, it counts until the audio goes above. Then pauses. If it reaches let's say 4 seconds, it will continue to count from 4 seconds once the audio goes under the set db level. This causes the alert to activate everytime it reaches the set time in total seconds. It's very frustrating to see the alert popping up all the time when it's actually a false alarm. FaceTime

Can this get fixed?

I had an issue where it kept turning my volume completely down while I was listening to the headphones. Numerous factory resets didn't work. I have somehow worked out that i need to have all notifications on and it doesn't happen.