logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pingu2k  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:20:06 AM(UTC)
pingu2k

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi!
I've used the TDR Kotelnikov Audio Compressor last year and it worked great in several inputs on a live production.
A few weeks ago I rebuild my production system softwarewise and now one instance of the plugin is able to freeze vmix (and crashes it).

I don't care about the plugin, I can use another one, but my question is, has someone had similar experience with this Plugin?

Right now I'm trying the MCompressor Plugin. Sounds good so far and works well. Maybe you've an advice for an audio compressor plugin? The last posts about that topic only recommend brickwall limiters or "maximizers", thats not what I want, I like a normal compressor. The type normally inside an audio mixing console with settings for Threshold, attack, (hold), release, ratio and pre-, post-gain.

Greetings!
JoostH  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 7:43:47 PM(UTC)
JoostH

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

There tons of them and I've tried a few. In the end, I settled for EMO-D5 Stereo (from Waves). It combines a gate, compressor, auto leveler, de-sesser and limiter. What I like is its simple yet comprehensive visual UI that gives very clear insight how the functions interact and what you are doing to the dynamics of the audio signal. It makes it much easier for me to find an optimum setting and monitor it during a stream. I have it always open while streaming.