logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:12:10 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi all, I'm getting so confused today (not easy I can tell you). I currently use a 1660ti GPU. I've been saving like there is no tomorrow to purchase a second hand rtx 2080ti (or what do you suggest - saved £1,200 so far) as vMix suggests to use.

I'm now getting friends saying don't get that, instead purchase the 3060 or the 3080 as its better. I don't do loads of inputs but I do get warnings when running 1x Skype via NDI if more than an hour streaming.

It doesn't matter if I have 2 or 3 Skype callers it will only last about an hour before the system starts to cause problems. I've done all the checks etc and even updated the mother board, cpu, memory and storage.

With all that in mind, can I ask what you guys suggest I should do regarding the GPU, by upgrading, will this help with the Skype callers (I can't use more than one vCall, also many guests have issues using vCall, so I gave up using it)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

My setup:

CPU: i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: GTX 1660ti
MB: ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
RAM: 32MB DDR4 3200
Storage: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2
Capture: AVerMedia Live Gamer (2x HDMI inputs)
PSU: Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold (probably have to update if I do go to the rtx 2080ti)
majorsky  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 6:12:15 AM(UTC)
majorsky

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't think your issue will be solved by changing the gpu (except yours is faulty).

I run vMix with a GTX 1060 absolutly fine with 4 x 1080p50 SDI cameras, a few Video inputs,
4 x 1080p50 - NDI ins, 1 x NDI Out and 2 x multi bitrate stream. All this with just a i7 6700hq and a GTX1060.

You should have no problem with your 1660ti as far as I know your card is better than the GTX 1060.

What you can check:

- Do you've the "High Input Performance Mode" enabled?
- Did you tried a clean install of windows? Sometimes Windows can get very weird after a few major release updates?
- Did you check your temperatures?

greetings, Denny
kross  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:19:19 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I agree with majorsky. From your problem description, to me it sounds like it could be the GPU is overheating, due to a faulty fan (or clogged with dust). I'd check that first before buying another GPU (especially with today's prices).
thickrichard  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 9:02:31 AM(UTC)
thickrichard

NDI is wholly handled by the CPU so GPU upgrade won't do anything. And that CPU is a beast so like others have said, check your vMix perforce settings, as well as your windows power settings. BIOS as well. Sounds like your CPU is being throttled somewhere