logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
majorsky  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 8:02:59 PM(UTC)
majorsky

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

spend some time now to find a new laptop for vMix production. I want a good screen with at least 100% sRGB coverage an
17". Problem is that most of the cheaper gaming devices look like "gaming" and care more about refresh rate then color accuracy.
Next thing what limits my choices is a discrete GPU with NO nvidia optimus and a thunderbolt 3 port.

Now FINALLY I found a perfect machine and want introduce it to you as recommendation.

It is the HP OMEN 17-cb1272ng.

What is good about it.

- It has a really good screen with good delta-e measures and 100% sRGB coverage
- It has a subtle design and good build quality
- The Core i7 10750H 6 core cpu clocks until 4,17 GHz on all cores at Prime95 absolutely stable (after I applied liquid metal to the cooling system)
- Obviously the OMEN has the ability to raise the TPD of 45 Watts to something higher so the 4,17 GHz is reachable for a long term period. (normal it would be just 3,2 GHz at all cores).
- no nvidia Optimus presence so the RTX2070 could do it's work with vMix perfectly. Even display port out with over TB3 with my AKiTio Node Lite works.
it turns out, that every HP OMEN has no nVidia Optimus even if they don't have G-SYNC (like mine).
- easy to reach the insides for maintenance and upgrades.

Overall this offers everything you'll at such a low price of 1500 - 1700 €.

If someone want to know more about liquid metal and how it's improve your whole performance and longevity just ask.
I've went form 3,6 GHz All-Core turbo to 4,17 GHz @ Prime95 AVX and got a huge decrease in fan noise*.

Warning: Applying liquid metal to the coolant system is very dangerous if you're not experienced in it. I've done this many times before but also
had dead devices at the beginning.