logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cswa  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:59:16 PM(UTC)
Cswa

Groups: Registered
United States

For months I was using vMix to record my Zoom conferences. I recorded in MP4 Format. I used the VB-Virtual Audio Cables then the VAC virtual Cables to get the audio of the Zoom Conference back into vMix. All was well. Now, suddenly using MP4 to record produces a harsh, ripping, distorted, white noise only for audio. The video also seems jangled and seems to speed up and slow down jerkily. Strangely, while using vMix and monitoring the Zoom conference, the audio is fine, just recording is a problem.

If I record in vMix using some other video Format, there is no issue, but the file-size is, of course huge!

I am using an MSI GL73 95DK Laptop with an NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti Graphics card. Windows 10HP, 64bit, 32GB RAM. I have the latest version of vMix-HD. Just recently I came to understand that you must MANUALLY invite every program that you wish to use the Graphics Card with specifically by going to the NVIDIA control panel. But wait! Just a few days ago, the latest Microsoft Update took control away from NVIDIA for this operation. NOW, you have to go to the Windows Control Panel to Display>>Graphics to invite each program. The NVIDIA Control Panel has this function greyed out. The NVIDIA version of this was cumbersome and clunky enough, but Microsoft made it even more clunky.

Suspiciously, the audio for the MP4 Format went dodo about this same time. They could be related. Before, I could not use the GT-Overlays in vMix because vMix was NOT invited to the NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti party. So I invited vMix with the NVIDIA Control Panel. Now Windows demands to do this and I updated the NVIDIA drivers because they have to adjust to this new dictatorship.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?