logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coskel22  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 1:05:27 AM(UTC)
coskel22

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi all

Using vMix Pro build, software version 24, running on Windows 10.
(I can check it once I get on the client site if anyone needs more details)

The client would like a secretary to be able to update the Power Point slides from her desk (over a VPN) and have them automatically update.
Currently she has to update them, then we have to disable the live PP input, close it and re-import the Power Point in order for the updates to show. This means all the speed/transition inputs have to get re-set as well.

Is there anyway she can log into Power Point remotely, do the updates, save and the updates display automatically in vMix without having to re-import?

Thank in advance.
benthorp  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:15:40 PM(UTC)
benthorp

United Kingdom

This isn't exactly what you're asking, but we have a very similar setup using Powerpoint on OneDrive. You can avoid some of the pain by simply changing the existing input and then re-loading the same file. This means the input is the same, and all your triggers/shortcuts will still work. We've even done it during a live stream with no noticeable problem with the stream.

(Click the cog on the input, then select "Change" in the top right, then "Browse" (rather than click on the recent file), pick the file as normal, and it should re-import correctly)
JoostH  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:59:55 PM(UTC)
JoostH

Netherlands

There are of course many ways to add a powerpoint to vMix. It depends on the use case which works best. I don't fully understand yours. Is this a presentation for speaker or a continuous kiosk presentation? At first, I assumed the former, but on second thoughts I guess the latter. How frequent does it change? If is changes frequently, is creating an NDI stream on the secretary's side an option? Then she has any freedom to edit and control the powerpoint. Comes at a bandwidth cost though, that is probably not worth it if the presentation is only changed once in a while.