logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 10:13:47 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Version 4.0 of the vMix Virtual Control Surface is now available in the Apple App Store for iPad!

https://apps.apple.com/u...trol-surface/id978932322

Many Improvements in this version were designed to better support working with large numbers of Vmix inputs (up to 512 – we may have gotten a bit carried away) and allowing you to focus on controlling only those inputs that you want to control, while hiding the rest.

Special thanks to David Peltz, founder of White Label Webcasting in Philadelphia, PA (USA) for his feature/UI consulting and financial support. David is a regular on the Vmix Forums as “David_in_Philly.”

New Features:

Config Tab:
-Added input configuration tab!
-Configurations are automatically saved on the iPad and are connected with the name of the vMix preset file you are using
-Assign which video/audio inputs are visible in the video switcher and audio mixer
-Assign which audio buses each input is assigned to

Video Tab:
-New button graphics
-Record button will display the length of the video recording in vMix
-Streaming Button can stop/start streaming individually for streams 1-3
(A label will appear above the stream button indicating which live streams are active.)

Audio Tab:
-Redesigned audio tab
-Added stereo metering
-Added Start/Stop/Replay button for audio inputs that are connected to video/audio files
-Added progress indicator for clips with any duration
(When the clip reaches 10 seconds from the end, it will turn red.)
-Added display of all audio buses when in use
(Audio busses will only display when an input is assigned to it/them, even If a bus is enabled in Vmix.)
-Added support for custom audio bus labels now included in v24 of vMix
-Added ability to turn on/off audio assignments to all buses
-Added feature of removing blank spaces where inputs that had no audio used to be
thanks 2 users thanked thecloudmediagroup for this useful post.
stigaard on 4/12/2021(UTC), trilive on 4/12/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 10:41:51 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi, I had used the very first control Surfaces you made, from the rectangular version to the vMix Virtual Control Surface 1.0.0.3....I never was able to get any of the updated versions downloaded, but I had been using it off and on with a friend on his system...However, I had to change the ipad, and would like to know how to install that earlier version ....also, I think I will get this new version later, as I am using a different app on my system...
Thanks
Joeboe
ben112  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:07:37 PM(UTC)
ben112

United Kingdom

Following the update of the app, the connection to vMix doesn't seem to be stable any more. It seems to be dropping out regularly. The display of audio levels isn't as fast or accurate as it should be.

As always, there may be another cause for this... But for the time being, is there a way of rolling back to see if it's related to the update?
BRebels  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:45:20 AM(UTC)
BRebels

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@ben112 I noticed something similiar to that.
Every 10 seconds you lose the inputs for a moment( go blank,then return ).
Ladislav Klimes  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 7:44:42 PM(UTC)
Ladislav Klimes

Czech Republic

Hello, thank you @thecloudmediagroup for new version of iOS app, increasing of control functions is great. Unfortunately I see the same issues with connection stability as it was described by @ben112 and @BRebels. We are using the app mainly for audio controls of vMix. It seems that disconnecting is increasing in time of running. Also the whole audio mixer tab is not smooth enought for serious work after update. I tested it with multiple wifi environment, so the issue is not connected with wifi signal strenght.

Dear @thecloudmediagroup, is there some suggestion for checking some network settings or vMix settings itself? Is there some possibility to downgrade app version to more stable version?

Thank you.
ben112  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 10:56:22 PM(UTC)
ben112

United Kingdom

Problems persisting here as well. Could we please roll back to the previous version of the app which had a usable audio mixer and a stable connection?

The update from 4.0 to 4.1 three weeks ago didn't change a thing in this regard.

BRebels  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 4:13:06 AM(UTC)
BRebels

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Same. No change after running on latest update.
thecloudmediagroup  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:57:50 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: ben112 Go to Quoted Post
Following the update of the app, the connection to vMix doesn't seem to be stable any more. It seems to be dropping out regularly. The display of audio levels isn't as fast or accurate as it should be.

As always, there may be another cause for this... But for the time being, is there a way of rolling back to see if it's related to the update?

Thank you for letting me know, is it the display of the data on screen that has been lagging as well as the speed of initiating controls? Or is it just laggy displaying the data? I am looking into how the data is being parsed and updated right now. Can you send me an email with your iPad model and the description of your issues?
thecloudmediagroup  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:58:56 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: BRebels Go to Quoted Post
@ben112 I noticed something similiar to that.
Every 10 seconds you lose the inputs for a moment( go blank,then return ).

Is the response to button presses and controls in vMix steady? When the inputs are showing are they responsive? Looking into the issue. Thank you for the info.
thecloudmediagroup  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:03:53 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Ladislav Klimes Go to Quoted Post
Hello, thank you @thecloudmediagroup for new version of iOS app, increasing of control functions is great. Unfortunately I see the same issues with connection stability as it was described by @ben112 and @BRebels. We are using the app mainly for audio controls of vMix. It seems that disconnecting is increasing in time of running. Also the whole audio mixer tab is not smooth enought for serious work after update. I tested it with multiple wifi environment, so the issue is not connected with wifi signal strenght.

Dear @thecloudmediagroup, is there some suggestion for checking some network settings or vMix settings itself? Is there some possibility to downgrade app version to more stable version?

Thank you.

I am looking at changing up how the connection of the app functions. We created the disconnect function in order to let the user know that there was likely not a connect so that when a button was pressed or fader moved that they know that they have confidence that the command will go through to vmix. Thanks for being patient as we make a connection tweak.
thecloudmediagroup  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 5:24:20 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

I released an update 4.2 yesterday that changes the way a connection is made. If Wi-Fi connection is lost or spotty, all of the buttons and feeders will remain on the screen. We’ve already field tested this new system and received very good feedback on the performance.