logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgrayeb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:17:05 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've searched the forums and Google but haven't found this. I have a Behringer 404 UMCHD audio interface that I'm going to be using to bring into vMix external audio sources via ASIO drivers. I've set it up and tested it and it works fine that way.

But I'm unclear on what steps I would take to send mix-minus audio from vMix to the Behringer and then send that mix-minus audio from the Behringer to either a sound board or in-room speakers at an event (so that, for example, I could share with the in-person attendees at an event the selected audio from vMix Call participants, pre-recorded videos, and other elements inside vMix, while excluding the sources of the microphones or audio coming from the event's sound board to the in-room speakers at the event).

My sense is that I would select a vMix Audio Bus as an audio output and assign it to one of the ASIO channels for the Behringer interface; is that correct? And if yes, does it matter which one? And then on the Behringer, would I use one of the Playback Outputs (not Main Outputs?) and if yes, how do I determine which Playback Output ports to ensure only the mix-minus audio is going out of that unit to the sound board or in-room speakers?

And finally, if I wanted to also share the audio from the event mics (in addition to the vMix audio) directly to the in-room speakers at the event, e.g. if there was no sound board at the event, would I just use the Main Output on the Behringer instead of the Playback Output?

Not sure if I'm making any sense or thinking about this correctly but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 4:21:52 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
My sense is that I would select a vMix Audio Bus as an audio output and assign it to one of the ASIO channels for the Behringer interface; is that correct?

Yes

And if yes, does it matter which one?

Pick one from A to G, each allows you to use a stereo output

And then on the Behringer, would I use one of the Playback Outputs (not Main Outputs?) and if yes, how do I determine which Playback Output ports to ensure only the mix-minus audio is going out of that unit to the sound board or in-room speakers?

You should be able to select the output in the Bus setings (1+2 or 3+4)

how do I determine which Playback Output ports to ensure only the mix-minus audio is going out of that unit to the sound board or in-room speakers?

Each input has a bus selction below it, right click on the bus letter to access C-G. You can choose to send an input to one or all buses, you can also turn off the Master (M) bus and only send to others.

thanks 1 user thanked Vince Beck for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 4/11/2021(UTC)
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:38:22 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
It's not exactly the same interface but could give you an idea how it works.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 6/2/2021(UTC)