logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BairStrokes  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 11:10:16 PM(UTC)
BairStrokes

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm working on setting up a PTZ control system with joystick and X-keys controllers, and am running into a workflow problem. It seems that in order to update the position of a PTZ preset, I must either call that virtual input to preview and set an update shortcut up to update whatever input is there, or have an individual shortcut button to update each virtual input. In either case, a 3 camera system with 10 presets per camera would require 30 shortcut buttons.omegle xender

The current workflow I'm using assigns a shortcut to send a camera to a dynamic input, with joystick control directed at the dynamic input. 3 buttons for that, select a camera and go. Easy to understand, easy to keep activators for inputs relevant, etc. 10 more buttons call shortcuts which call virtual inputs by index, but this does not put the called VI on preview, which is also the desired behavior in this workflow. I would like to have one X-keys button for "update preset" which simply updates the last called preset with the current camera position.

Is there (or could there be added) the ability to assign to a shortcut a function that would allow a PTZ preset to be updated by index number, similar to how they can be called by index number? I envision using a Dynamic Value, called by the same shortcut button that calls each preset, to aid this functionality. EG, Select an x-keys button to Send CameraX to DynamicInput1. Press "Preset 1," and two shortcuts are activated. The first calls a virtual preset for DynamicInput1 by the given index number, the second sets Dynamic1 to that same index number. The camera can then be moved. Then, a single xkeys button could be assigned to Update Virtual Input By Index, assigned to DynamicInput1, and using Dynamic1 for the value.

Thanks!