logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Booster Tutor  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 3:42:17 PM(UTC)
Booster Tutor

Groups: Registered
United States

Alright, sorry for the general question but I just need to know from people more experienced in vMix if I can do this before putting down the money and time to learn the ins and outs.

So, there's a card game, Magic the Gathering and due to the pandemic a lot of people have been logging into a service (Spelltable) that let's them all link up and stream out the game they are playing live but in different locations

(link to a game being played

So I want to do something like this with vMix due to its better latency and call quality plus I want to add another layer and make it a game show I'll be doing different overlays through the show. Like a wheel to spin and little animations.

So, my main questions are
1) Can I host a call through vMix call that can connect me with 3 other people
2) Can I make it so the callers are pretty much seeing and hearing what the audience is seeing/hearing. I need them to see what the wheel lands on and to hear audio cues of things happening, ect.
3) Can I have a background, 4 different boxes for each caller and still be able to have graphics on top of this? Like say a big red X from family feud as an example. I'm not quite sure if that's a layer, or an overlay, still learning the terminology there (I'm use to FCPX for editing videos)
4) is SRT also something I should look into for something like this. Giantbomb does streaming where up to 5-6 calls are watching someone play a game using vMix and SRT. (https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/kv5l13/you_down_with_srt_yeah_you_know_me_giant_bomb/)

Anyway, I'm sure this is all possible and I just need to get in there and figure it out, it's just a bit overwhelming is all. Was hoping to get some starting points or something to help out. Thank you so much for reading all this
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 2:17:14 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Yes to all your questions. SRT will require a bit more tinkering. You can also look at a company like Rivet that would help managing those streams.