logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KeithB  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:43:48 AM(UTC)
KeithB

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have spent 2 hours reading posts to try to resolve this problem. No luck.
Here is what I'm doing...

2. simply launch the vMix Panel Builder Desktop application. You don't need to load any templates. DONE AND SHOWING SIMPLE TABLET TEMPLATE CONTROLLER WINDOW THAT IS TESTED AND CONTROLS VMIX OPEN ON HOST COMPUTER

3. Select "Sync to Tablet" in the file menu (it will display the IP to enter in the Host IP field in the vMix Panel application on your tablet) SYCH TO TABLET RUNNING SHOWING HOST IP 169.254.56.2

4. Set your Tablet's Wifi setting to the same network as your Host computer SET TO MY LOCAL NETWORK AND WORKING

5. Launch the "vMix Panel" application on your tablet LAUNCHED

6. Enter the Host IP (IP from the above Host computer) in the preferences (cog icon) ENTERED 192.168.1.10 ( host vmix computer ip on my network)IN IPAD VMIX IP WINDOW AND TOP LEFT ARROW ICON NOW SHOWS GREEN

7. Enter the vMix IP in the preferences. ENTERED 169.254.56.2

8. Use the "sync icon" to Sync and transfer your Templates and your UserIcons from your computer to your Tablet via Wifi Network. NO HOST FOUND

9. Select the "folder icon" and choose the Template file you wish to load . NO FILES SHOWING

10. Start controlling vMix with your Tablet. NOPE

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:01:01 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
You have to create a TABLET Template for it to work...Desktop templates do NOT work.....I am having issues as well, but I got everything to load and work after I did a Tablet Template, as that is what is required
KeithB  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
KeithB

Canada

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
You have to create a TABLET Template for it to work...Desktop templates do NOT work.....I am having issues as well, but I got everything to load and work after I did a Tablet Template, as that is what is required

Thanks for the tip but read the end of line 2...I am running a tablet template.

KeithB  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:55:07 AM(UTC)
KeithB

Canada

Some progress...
I opened Panel Builder (tablet template)on the vMix host computer... Controlling vMix. All good.
Opened Panel Builder on a remote laptop (connected to my network) and opened the saved tablet template and entered the IP of the host vMix computer. Working to control vMix on host. Allgood.
Started Tablet Synch on remote computer.
Opened Panel Builder on the iPad and entered the "Set tablet's Host IP to:" IP of the remote computer
Now when I select Synch on the Tablet the files on the remote computer show up on the iPad.
Added file to iPad and now iPad controls vMix on host computer.

I don't know why this worked from the remote computer and not the host.
KeithB  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:08:55 PM(UTC)
KeithB

Canada

The solution...
In the Windows network adapter section of the host vMix computer, there was a "VirtualBox Host-Only" ethernet adapter that was attaching itself to the vMix program.
It was a fixed IP of 169.254.56.2
With this adapter disabled, the vMix program opened with the local network IP address of the host computer.
Synch to iPad works and so does Web Controller. ALL GOOD!
I found this "VirtualBox" adapter by comparing 2 computers running vMix and I have no idea what the VirtalBox" is for but when disabled, everything works as it should.