logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 1:30:19 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Cool new tool the GT Title designer... just hit a bit of a limitation with the animation. Wondering if someone has a work around or suggestion.

I have a timer that counts up to 100minutes (this is the Time Cap for Ultimate Frisbee) At that point I want to change the background of the timer to Yellow to indicate the time cap is in effect (it is kind of like Football extra time, the game continues after 100 minutes.)

At the same time I want to use the "on data change" effect on the scores.

The problem is when the score changes I need to have a "state" for my yellow background animation. So... if I choose hidden, it is all good until the time cap is on, the background is yellow, if I change the score it reverts back to hidden.

I would LOVE it if there was an ability to use the vMix scripting inside of the GT Title Designer to add some logic to it. Like a basic "If the timer is XXX then make this rectangle yellow."

Or the ability to call show and hide functions of specific elements via the scripts.

Only thing I can think of doing is making the timer background a font "character" and changing the colour of that text at the right moment. Not a very sexy solution.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 1:59:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
GT titles have been here for a while ;-)

There is no way to have scripting within a GT title like one can within an xaml title

But you can script outside of the GT title based on data that is displayed in a GT title to initiate title functions or some trickery (And some VB.net logics)

Check out the scripting examples in this forum for ideas
Gallegos2451  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:04:23 PM(UTC)
Gallegos2451

United States

In the worst cases, JavaScript is used to generate the entire web page too small to read, or perhaps the site is slow because of expensive animations. For example, you might use a CSS framework and find that one of the class names it uses.

oursainsburys