logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose Barbosa  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 8:36:11 PM(UTC)
Jose Barbosa

Groups: Registered
Portugal

It is possible to have two different pgm (with diferent assets/inputs) from vmix?
One pgm will be send to a big screen on the room and the other for streaming to internet.
For example, I want to send the image of a speaking guy for streaming but I don't want to send it to the screen on the room. Currently I have done this through 2 laptops, one for streaming (with Vmix) and the other (with LiveStream Studio) for the realization of the room screen.
matkeane  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 9:32:18 PM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Depending on the vMix licence you have, you could either use a Mix Input or a second External Output to achieve this. I generally combine both - using a second Mix to control what is sent to the on-set confidence monitors using External 2, while Mix 1 PGM is sent to rec and stream.
Jose Barbosa  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 3:22:37 AM(UTC)
Jose Barbosa

Portugal

Originally Posted by: matkeane Go to Quoted Post
Depending on the vMix licence you have, you could either use a Mix Input or a second External Output to achieve this. I generally combine both - using a second Mix to control what is sent to the on-set confidence monitors using External 2, while Mix 1 PGM is sent to rec and stream.

Thank you for your reply.I have a 4 k licence and I'm new to Vmix, so I don't understand how it is possible to do a second Mix to an input. I thought if it was possible doing one to the preview and the other to the output (pgm, but i've tried and I have't discovered a way to do it.
I understand the idea to sending to the other external output but where I do the diferent mix ?
matkeane  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:08:01 AM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
It sounds like you might be used to hardware switchers, using both Preview and PGM for 2 different outputs ? In vMix, a Mix is more like an Aux bus, which can be routed to an output.

Let's say you have some media inputs in your project. If you add a new Mix Input (say Input 10), you can now set your External 2 output to Input 10. Any media input you send to PGM in your Mix 2 will be sent to your second output, while inputs sent to Mix 1 (Mix 1 is always the main vMix PVW/PGM) will show on the main Output. So content you want to be shown on the screen in your studio goes to Mix 2, and your main output goes to your stream.

Does that make sense ? I guess the fact that the Mixes are Inputs, but used for outputs is kinda confusing... but, well, welcome to vMix ! More info about Mix inputs here: https://www.vmix.com/help24/
thanks 1 user thanked matkeane for this useful post.
Jose Barbosa on 4/5/2021(UTC)