logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MattyG  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 6:38:34 AM(UTC)
MattyG

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was very excited to see the addition of focus control for PTZ Optics cameras in vMix 24. I have been using scripts to get around the focus searching. My initial test was not successful though. Here are a couple issues:

1. The manual focus check box does not get stored with the virtual input.
Am I missing something here? It seems that the camera is either in auto (check box unchecked) or manual (checked) for all virtual inputs. It would be nice to have that recalled with each virtual input so that some could be fixed focus and others auto.

2. Focus positions are not recalled correctly.
In my test I simply set 4 different positions each with manual focus. When recalled they are not in focus. I then tried updating the inputs with corrected focus, but when recalled they are wrong. I do see the cameras changing focus, but not to the correct position. I have 2 cameras on the system and this is happening to both. One thing I do notice is that if I have 2 virtual inputs where the camera does not move or zoom and only the focus changes, this seems to work.

I am also contacting PTZ Optics on the issue, but thought I would reach out here to see if anyone has better experience with this.

I am using the PT30X-NDI cameras and just updated to the latest firmware (6.3.12).
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:47:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

The manual focus checkbox is a global setting, it cannot be enabled/disabled as needed and should always be on or off before building a production.
If you change it and position inputs already exist, they may not work as expected.

So set it at the beginning of the production, then build the position inputs.

As for the recall issues, check the above and if that does not help you will need to contact PTZ Optics for support
as it sounds like the firmware used does not correctly support the new focus command and they should be able to advise which one does.

Regards,

Martin
vmix