logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SuperBill  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:51:22 AM(UTC)
SuperBill

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So I was having a heck of a time with a plantronics blackwire usb c headset. Vmix would not send to it as an earphone, it was listed but when chosen never heard a thing from it, like others had mentioned before, my el-cheapos worked, but not the plantronics - so I dumped the plantronics.

Anyway, with covid abounding its been tougher to have help monitoring all the audience outputs in a timely way and I was using a destination device like an ipad to monitor the user experience with an earbud. So left ear was production, right ear was monitoring with earbud tucked under the earcup of the production headphones, there were wires in my way all the time just aweful and stressful, so I started to look for solutions (without needing a mixer setup) and I found the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless - you can have two sources going at the same time - 1) a system and 2) a bluetooth and you can set the mix levels. (Just watch that your bluetooth device doesn't grab the mic.) It's not a cheap solution - the phones are $400 ish, but the versatility is great and the mic and audio quality is very, very good. The phones rival my OPPO PM1s and my HIFIMan 400s and smoke the GSP600.

Production life has changed for the better with these and they double as regular phones too. Hope it helps.

*HIDI = How I do it
thanks 1 user thanked SuperBill for this useful post.
yimmyo on 3/30/2021(UTC)