logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thomas  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:08:45 AM(UTC)
thomas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi guys!

Sorry if this has been asked before. Hard to search for "RSS" because of the three-letters limitation.

Well, as the title says. Would it be possible to autoupdate a ticker with a RSS-feed?

Lets say I want the latest news from a RSS to be outputted as a ticker (by limiting how many instances of news from the RSS-feed and filter what to output from the XML)?

Best regards
Thomas :)
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:37:44 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
+1 to this as well
doggy  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:35:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
I have tried something similar : displaying a list from xml and auto-updating it by checking for an updated xml.
Suspect it would work the same way for a ticker (different layout to display) ?

Sondrey  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 2:58:03 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi!

I'd like to announce that we at shop.njastad.com is working on this application as we speak! We will release it in a few days. Here is a sneak preview!

http://imgur.com/TmC3pGk

We are looking to add more features before we release it. For now it gets the latest post from an RSS feed (NOT ATOM, looking to solve this).

Best regards
Sondre, Programmer @ Njastad Webshop
thanks 2 users thanked Sondrey for this useful post.
thomas on 8/22/2014(UTC), OpenROADer on 8/22/2014(UTC)
thomas  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
thomas

Wow, thats awesome, godt jobba! :)

But, an RSS-feed can have several parametres. I.e "headline", "body" and etc. Could you possibly add an option to add how many parametres from an rss feed you want to show? And an upper limit to how many headlines you can have in the ticker?

If thtat makes any sense?

Sondrey wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to announce that we at shop.njastad.com is working on this application as we speak! We will release it in a few days. Here is a sneak preview!

We are looking to add more features before we release it. For now it gets the latest post from an RSS feed (NOT ATOM, looking to solve this).

Best regards

Sondrey  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:18:55 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

thomas wrote:

But, an RSS-feed can have several parametres. I.e "headline", "body" and etc. Could you possibly add an option to add how many parametres from an rss feed you want to show? And an upper limit to how many headlines you can have in the ticker?

Sondrey wrote:
Hi!

Best regards

Yeah, this is the extra functions we are talking about. We need to make it as good as possible before launch. And hopefully with a lot of customization options, so it fits most diffrent uses. Allso, working with this, i realized there are 2 diffrent kinds of RSS feeds. RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 The code i've been using now it for RSS only. Many big news networks uses ATOM, so i need to make some changes before we can put it live. We will also deliver some XAML tickers to use with the software with customizable colors and logos.

I'll keep you updated on this thread :)
thomas  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:25:27 PM(UTC)
thomas

Thats impressive! Keep up the good work! I'm definitely buying it, along with the social integration-CG :) btw, is it possible to show where the instagram pictures has been taken on a map? And may I use your products for commercial purposes?

Sondrey wrote:
thomas wrote:

Sondrey wrote:
Hi!

Best regards

Yeah, this is the extra functions we are talking about. We need to make it as good as possible before launch. And hopefully with a lot of customization options, so it fits most diffrent uses. Allso, working with this, i realized there are 2 diffrent kinds of RSS feeds. RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 The code i've been using now it for RSS only. Many big news networks uses ATOM, so i need to make some changes before we can put it live. We will also deliver some XAML tickers to use with the software with customizable colors and logos.

Sondrey  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:37:59 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

thomas wrote:

Thats impressive! Keep up the good work! I'm definitely buying it, along with the social integration-CG :) btw, is it possible to show where the instagram pictures has been taken on a map? And may I use your products for commercial purposes?

Sondrey wrote:
thomas wrote:

Sondrey wrote:
Hi!

Best regards

The Social Integration we are selling at the moment is just some "follow us" tags :) But we did a map-instagram XAML design, but didn't publish it because it was unstable. We just started our store. and we will try to push out as much content as possible. But we want to be as sure as possible that nobody stumble upon any problems. And we are watching the forums all the time, whenever someone requests a new 3rd part function, we try to make it possible :)

EDIT: And all programs that are bought or free from our shop can be used in your streams without any kind of permission from us or mentioning us! :) You are free to use it as you like, just not sell or send it to anyone else if they do not own / have bought the program them self! :) We are glad to provide you useful extras to your stream :)

-Sondre
thanks 1 user thanked Sondrey for this useful post.
OpenROADer on 8/22/2014(UTC)
JasonStapleton  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:36:11 AM(UTC)
JasonStapleton

Did this product ever get finished? I want to buy it.
Sondrey  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 4:12:18 AM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Hi!

I'm sorry for the lack of activity the last few days. I've been sick and unable to work. I'll push the RSS feed reader out ASAP (Within the day or the next).

- Sondre
Sondrey  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 7:26:34 AM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Sondrey wrote:
Hi!

I'm sorry for the lack of activity the last few days. I've been sick and unable to work. I'll push the RSS feed reader out ASAP (Within the day or the next).

- Sondre

And there we go!
The RSS feed reader is now available at http://shop.njastad.com/ !

Any questions or problems can be asked to me via PM here or email.

Best regards
Sondre Njåstad