logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John K  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 6:10:14 AM(UTC)
John K

Groups: Registered
Canada

vMix is an amazing product. We have used it to produce a nation television show from home, during the pandemic. One huge request for upcoming versions would be to update the MultiCoder window.

At the very least, please allow this window to be expandable. I have 3 SRT and 8 vMix call sources in my standard template. While recording, I cannot monitor all of them at the same time while still monitoring my outputs. You cannot scroll the window while recording. Therefore, I'm always left to wonder, "did I check all the correct boxes?" once the segment has started. It's bitten me in the ass on a few occasions.

My other request would be to have the renaming of vMix call links translate into the MultiCoder window and onto the names of recorded files. If I rename one of my SRT inputs to "Host Cam", it's called "Host Cam" in the MulitCoder window and on the recorded file. If I rename a vMix call link to "Guest Cam", it's still called "Call 123456789" in the MultiCoder window and on the file name.

I feel both these changes would make this amazing program even more amazing and would give a lot of peace of mind to those of us who record multiple sources.

Thanks,