logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sledzik1984  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 5:56:21 PM(UTC)
sledzik1984

Groups: Registered
Poland

A few days ago I've upgraded VMIX from 23 to 24 (24.0.0.51). Normally - we're using a workflow with audio coming to Vmix/going out from Vmix with Dante Virtual Sound Card.

After the upgrade, I've started my normal activities. The problem showed to me when I added few video files to the list and played it out.

All files that I've played out were clipping, cracking - not usable.

I've tested all files on the other computer - everything was ok.
I've tested those files on a computer with Vmix but in other Software - everything was ok.

Dante network was tested and everything is working fine. The audio from other software played over Dante Network is clean.

The next thing that showed in my mind was - "Let's switch to analog audio!". I've plugged in my USB audio interface and headphones... Audio over that was clean (and simultaneously was bad over Dante).

When I've downgraded Vmix to the last v23 that I had in my Downloads all the problems were solved. Files that were clipping - not clip in v23.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:11:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

We have made no changes to audio in vMix 24, so it sounds most likely you have different settings then your 23 install.
This can happen if you switch between versions regularly as the settings are saved separately.

Not sure what that performance issue is exactly, so you will need to drop us an email if you can't see the change
when comparing settings.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:29:29 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Dante is running fine for us with v24, using settings and prestets that ran under v23 roo
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:59:50 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I experienced the exact same issue a few days ago. Not using Dante. The only thing I had running that was different was the UltraMaximizer VST on the master (Can’t say for sure that was the issue), but I restarted and it went away.
andser  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 10:39:47 PM(UTC)
andser

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Have you checked latency using Dante Controller -> Network Status?
Still in the Controller - what is your "Master Clock" set to?

I had similar issue when in my Dante network the X32 firmware was updgraded; which I did right after updating Vmix to v.24. In the Dante Controller I noticed an unusual latency reported by my Vimix computer's Dante Virtual Soundcard. The network "lost" master clock and audio started to jitter in Vmix's.
Fabian Emele  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 12:38:04 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Germany

Hi andser, i experienced the exact same issue like sledzik described above. @sledzik1984 did you find the solution? I also took a USB Interface and everything was running fine.
@andser, what did you do against this latency problem, how did you see this? I was looking at the devices in DanteController but did not see any irregularities.

Interesting is, that teh crackling did not start from the begin on but when the machines where running a few Minutes or maybe hours. At the begin it was running fine without the dropouts and audio problems that where described above.
best regards Fabian
Fabian Emele  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 7:39:29 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Germany

Originally Posted by: Fabian Emele Go to Quoted Post
Hi andser, i experienced the exact same issue like sledzik described above. @sledzik1984 did you find the solution? I also took a USB Interface and everything was running fine.
@andser, what did you do against this latency problem, how did you see this? I was looking at the devices in DanteController but did not see any irregularities.

Interesting is, that teh crackling did not start from the begin on but when the machines where running a few Minutes or maybe hours. At the begin it was running fine without the dropouts and audio problems that where described above.
best regards Fabian

@admin Hi Martin, do you have an idea maybe?
jkcoma  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 10:15:56 AM(UTC)
jkcoma

United States

Same issue here as well, vmix can't stay locked to the dante clock for more than a few minutes. I noticed it particularly when I also had a local USB mic as a local audio input in addition to the dante receive input. Also experienced the extreme latency in dante controller without any explanation either. No network gear or switch involved in my particular dante implementation. Not sure why vmix only shows 16 and 32 bit options. Almost all pro audio and dante networks as well are run at 24/48k. Seems like it makes things messy for no reason to offer only 16/32 bit audio. I never ran version 23, so have only started working with vmix at version 24.
millst  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 1:57:10 PM(UTC)
millst

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I can reproduce this issue by pulling multiple NDI copies of an output.

For me...

If I have Output 1 -> Birddog Decoder all is good.
If I have Output 1 -> Birddog Decoder 1 & Birddog Decoder 2 I start to get a few audio crackles in any Dante outputs from VMix.
If I have Output 1 -> Birddog Decoder 1 & Birddog Decoder 2 & Birddog Decoder 3 I get a LOT of audio crackles.

Interestingly the following does not give any issues.
Output 1 -> Birddog Decoder 1
Output 2 -> Birddog Decoder 2
Output 3 -> Birddog Decoder 3

Network is not overloaded.

It seems when you pull multiple NDI copies from the same VMix output, it causes audio problems for Vmix to Dante DVS (in either ASIO or WDM mode).
thanks 1 user thanked millst for this useful post.
SportsNetUSA.net on 5/21/2022(UTC)
jkcoma  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 10:34:07 PM(UTC)
jkcoma

United States

I have also discovered different results in vmix when using "Dante via receive" inputs to vmix vs using regular Dante inputs running as ASIO feeds to/from Vmix. Again, sky high latency on all the dante i/o to/from Vmix, while overall dante clock and network outside of vmix is perfectly fine. This is all occurring in the latest version 25. When using dante ASIO to/from vmix it seems to work correctly (latency to/from vmix under 3ms as expected and my understanding is that ASIO bypasses windows audio/wdm), but with Dante VIA (not DVS) specific inputs to vmix, thats when latency skyrockets (100s-1000s of ms of latency) and audio/clock becomes unstable, drops altogether in most cases. If dante via receive inputs are fed as WDM or through windows audio subsystem as I understand it, then the likely source of the latency is between windows and vmix?

Millst, I would think that once you start trying to feed 2+ birddogs with Dane from vmix you would need to enable multicast flows in dante controller. If your network and or network switch if employed, are configured correctly, are you using multicast flows for your vmix sends in dante controller?

I only have dante coming into vmix, nothing going out, so that is the difference in my particular setup/issues with vmix.