logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankLeggett  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 2:12:27 AM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was wondering if there is a way to put a Title onto Preview to make sure it is correct then toggle it to an overlay on the Program.

I am trying to set up a way to do this with companion and I can Preview the Title as either a Overlay or a Input but it isn't easy to then select a different input without toggle the previous onto the Program.

For Instance I have 3 Name Titles and I want to check them all before I toggle them onto the Program.
I select Title 1 onto Preview and it's OK, I then toglle Title 2 onto Preview but Title on is now on Program when I'm not ready for it.

What would be really great is if there was a simple toggle whatever is on Preview Overlay to Program function that only happened when I selected it.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:44:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrankLeggett Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering if there is a way to put a Title onto Preview to make sure it is correct then toggle it to an overlay on the Program.

Yes, check the shortcuts
ask  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:08:48 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Right-click on the overlay channel button.
MargaretHead  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 3:58:32 PM(UTC)
MargaretHead

United States

I am trying to set up a way to do this with companion and I can Preview the Title as either a Overlay or a Input but it isn't easy to then select a different input without toggle the previous onto the Program.

For Instance I have 3 Name Titles and I want to check them all before I toggle them onto the Program.
I select Title 1 onto Preview and it's OK, I then toglle Title 2 onto Preview but Title on is now on Program when I'm not ready for it.
mygreatlakes
What would be really great is if there was a simple toggle whatever is on Preview Overlay to Program function that only happened when I selected it.

I am building a setup where I have the presenters title overlays on a multi view layer GT Titles - Short Cut to trigger in/out animation Main idea is to send to people who have muted mics during vMix call session png on their pgm preview.
FrankLeggett  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 6:48:29 PM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Yes, check the shortcuts

I can't see a shortcut that changes a overlay status from Preview to Program. All I can see is shortcuts to make a overlay Preview or Program not swap instances.

Thanks for the post about right clicking and overlay I don't know that. Unfortuanetly I'm looking for a way to do this with Companion and ideally one button that first press puts the title onto the Preview to check and the second press puts it onto Program. I wouldn't necessary want to put the overlay to program every time I might want to check another Title or I might just want to unload the Title from the Overlay completely. The problem I have found is if you put a Title to Overlay Preview the next press automatically puts it onto Program Preview which might not be what is wanted.

At the moment I have set up a way to send a few Titles I most want to check directly to Preview (not overlay)