logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ale_Chi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:09:47 AM(UTC)
Ale_Chi

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Hi,
I have this little problem but annoying, this happens with RTMP and RTSP protocols.

my scenario:
I have 5 sources (smartphone with Larix Broadcaster in 4G) that send me the video via RTMP, the point is that when it is interrupted, because it is no longer necessary for a certain number of minutes, when I need the video again the operator starts the streaming but in my vMix it doesn't arrive, it gets stuck.
It restarts the video only after doing "right click" and "Reset".

Is it possible to implement an automatic reset to recall the video stream once it is lost or times out for any reason?
for example an auto reset of the inactive inputs every 10 seconds?

Thanks.
Alessandro

xztraz  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 1:47:49 PM(UTC)
xztraz

Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
this and instability with many rtmp feeds have had us looking for alternative protocolls to feed vmix. you can bind a button to reset input atleast but when it sometimes crasches freezes when reseting its a bit scary to use reset
VTWoodchuck  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2023 1:07:19 AM(UTC)
VTWoodchuck

United States

I finally figured out a way to have vMix automatically issue an input reset when my videostream gets stuck. From what I had read on the forum, if the output stream stops (both audio and video) for whatever reason, vMix supposedly issues a reset automatically. This was not happening. I would have to right lick on the input screen and click reset to resume. To get around this, I created a shortcut, assigning the resetinput function to F7. I then downloaded an app called AutoHotkey 1.1 (free) and used the following script:

#Persistent
SetTimer, PressTheKey, 300000
Return

PressTheKey:
Send, {F7}
Return

I am able to issue a keyboard F7 every 5 minutes (300000 milliseconds). So far working well.