logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Duff TV  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:09:29 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi

I think I might have an issue with my graphics card. Its a GEFORECE GTX 660.

Today in Vmix version 13 when opening titler and trying to change scores both the ability t move the mouse around and open up things within the titler was very slow and also the vision coming through was lagging which is very off putting when doing commentary.

I am thinking its the graphics card and/or the way its configured as ever since it went into the computer 2 months ago Grass Valley Edius which I use for ost production also has playback issues.

The problem is not always there though but today after doing a few reboots of the computer the issue was there in Vmix and in Edius.

I am thinking of putting my old but very large ASUS "Direct CU2 graphics card back in. Its the one with the double fans.
Here is a review of it http://reviews-tests.com...EAH6950_DCII-2DI4S-2GD5/

Any tips most welcome including the opinion on if or not the Asus is superior to the much newer 660.

Certainly there was no lag in Edius before with the Asus.

Thanks

Martin

Duff TV  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 10:53:50 PM(UTC)
Duff TV

I have had a temporary break through with the issue I was having with what I thought was a Graphics card issue.

We think it wasn't a graphics card more CPU priority issue. My PC is a I7 3770K 3.5 GHz. 16 gig of ram and a 660 Graphics card so hardware should not be the problem.

A computer wizz friend fixed the issue last night by giving VmIX priority CPU usage but today when I booted up Vmix is again laggy when I use the scoreboard to change scores or try to record in AVI.

Last night when he fixed it everything was flying, no lag or jumpy video. I had Vmix capturing fine and I was also playing seperatily at the same time from the Edius timeline.

I didn't see how he did this but I thought it might have been via going "Control/ALT/ Delete" then under windows task manager right cliking on Vmix and setting Priority to HIGH.

When I opened it today it was already set to high but its laggy once again.

Any suggestions on what I must be doing wrong as I need to use Vmix to its max later today. This is very frustrating.
Thremir  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:30:25 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hi!

If the said scoreboards are of the .xaml format and/or your production is running in 50p/60p, could it be worth giving the vMix 14 Preview a shot?

Quote:
Changes and Features

* Improved fullscreen smoothness on 50p/60p outputs

* Improved XAML smoothness under some situations

Cheers,
Håvard Njåstad
Njastad.com
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:13:48 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Duff TV

How do things look in Task Manager?
(going back to VB days, I have gotten into the habit of always opening up Task Manager to monitor CPU and Memory usage, it may give some insight into what is going on)

Ice
Duff TV  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:15:25 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

IceStream wrote:
@ Duff TV

How do things look in Task Manager?
(going back to VB days, I have gotten into the habit of always opening up Task Manager to monitor CPU and Memory usage, it may give some insight into what is going on)

Ice

Well I am happy to report in that all is now OK with regards to the "laggy" video issue I was having.

It seems that by creating a new preset the issue has gone so video is not laggy and also everything is fine when changing scores in the titler or flicking around within the RECORD section.

I will though ensure that Vmix is set to Prioroty within Task Manager just to give it as much CPU usuage as possible.