logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chromagon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 9:29:25 AM(UTC)
Chromagon

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm needing to add an alpha mask to multiple individual webcams to create a unique border. The broadcast will use the merge transition to move, scale, and crop these webcam panels around each other depending on how many are visible at a time. The thing is when I crop the webcams it is also cropping the alpha mask border, which is fine, but I don't have control over moving the mask in relation to the crop.

TLDR

Is there any solutions available to move an input WITHIN it's key/fill mask or are there other masking solutions that might have more control over the input being masked?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 5:40:41 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 921 time(s) in 760 post(s)
Use a UV map shaped as your mask and a simple virtual set with the input in the map
Chromagon  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 10:08:02 PM(UTC)
Chromagon

United States

Do you by chance know if the merge transition would work between virtual sets? To explain further, I'm needing webcams in a certain position, size, and cropping in one scene then the ability to merge to another scene where those same webcams are moved and sized differently. With the transition taking place by smoothly sliding the assets around rather than have a fade.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 10:29:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 921 time(s) in 760 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chromagon Go to Quoted Post
Do you by chance know if I the merge transition would work between virtual sets?

Sorry but by the time we see this post and check the possibility you could have done the same

Quote:
To explain further, I'm needing webcams in a certain position, size, and cropping in one scene then the ability to merge to another scene where those same webcams are moved and sized differently. With the transition taking place by smoothly sliding the assets around rather than have a fade.

Will have to do it with merging layers/multiviews. check the vMix tutorials

Chromagon  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 10:41:32 PM(UTC)
Chromagon

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Sorry but by the time we see this post and check the possibility you could have done the same

I apologize, I was purely asking as someone unfamiliar with virtual sets, UV maps, and XML, assuming you might have relevant knowledge.

Quote:
Will have to do it with merging layers/multiviews. check the vMix tutorials

I've accomplished the effect outside of virtual sets of course, this was purely in regards to if the same functionality would occur between multiple virtual sets.

Thank you for your input! I'll dive into learning UV maps and XML.