logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrKneeland  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 2:07:57 AM(UTC)
MrKneeland

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Many of my webcasts and video productions for corporate companies require us to include a conference call and add it into the production so we can send the audio to the webcast or stream. This way people on the phone can hear the presenters on screen and then we can take their questions or comments over the phone.

I usually dial using VOIP on another computer or use the same computer using Skype to dial into the conference call centre. I then bring the audio from the call over NDI/Vmix Capture or virtual cable. I can do this with several computers at the same time using audio buses etc so I can have a few different calls going on at the same time.

The other method is to create a Teams meeting and ask the conference operator to dial into the meeting. Same thing in Zoom.

But it would be amazing if you could just open a new input, dial a number and bring that audio into your production.

I pay for each call and charged by the minute when I dial into these calls. So this could create extra revenue for Vmix. You could provide a dedicated number that can be topped up automatically if it falls below a certain threshold. It could also have a new number that is generated every time you open a new input and ask the other side to dial in. similar to VmixCall.

It would be good to see something like this in the future... I know that I would love it and many webcast professionals here in London would use it.

Please note this is not like VmixCall, this would be so you can call a normal, old school telephone, landline, mobile phone. I need to punch digits somewhere and get a connection with the other person on their phone.