logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
isaia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
isaia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there

we have been using vmix 12 in our church and i find the software as always solid and perfect for the job we need

we had one little problem in the Sunday
Describing the problem: once vmix starts the CPU * core I7 CPU has one core every x seconds going from 20 30 % to 100% usage and the image from vmix out (displaying any video content from a powerpoint presentation to a camera feed) shutters for the time where the respective core is 100% used.

i will do my best next sunday and get all the specs from the PC we use for streaming but just describing the config is a solid hardware. i7 CPU gigabyte MB dedicates nvidia Video card, over 8 GB ram and SSD storage - no low end hardware

in my opinion vmix software has some soft of routine running at x seconds and it is probably not well distributed in multicore environment killing one core for no reason.

we are using win 7 64 bit os and latest nvidia graphic card drivers

and if i figure out how to upload an image here without i will do it
until then i will do a text representation of what i see

| = one core cpu 100% used - = cpu used but not reaching 100%
if vmix on |---|---|---|---vmix off ------------------- vmix on |---|---|---| (the intervals are exact equal)

we have upgraded to vmix 13 and the problem is still there.

any suggestion welcomed.. and keep up the good work
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:42:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Could you try adding inputs one by one to see if you can narrow down the input causing the CPU usage?
Start with no inputs and check the CPU, add one, check and so on.

Also turn off any streaming or recordings and compare the CPU performance.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
isaia  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 5:06:31 AM(UTC)
isaia

funny thing i found...

when pc on without starting Vmix software just log in as standard user we get this:
http://philadelphia.org.au/vmix/Capture11.PNG

then we start vmix and the cpu one core continues but as soon as vmix is clicked off top right X we get a normal pc functionality

as you can see in the image..
it must be some vmix software that it is starting with windows.. maybe some capture software (desktop capture server maybe ?) we never used that part of the software, or something...

once we start vmix again we get:
http://philadelphia.org.au/vmix/Capture12.PNG

then in we stop vmix by hand from the top x and it get's peaceful again.

http://philadelphia.org.au/vmix/Capture13.PNG

hope this l helps a bit. and maybe you can add some functionality to upload photos on this board...? maybe.. just saying.. that would help..

as i might decide after my problem is solved to remove the photos from our server and then the links would be useless for future readers.

admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 6:18:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
When posting there is a checkbox next to options called "Attach files to this post". This can be used to upload images.

With regards to the CPU usage, vMix doesn't install any background or startup applications so you will need to look through
the processes in task manager to locate the problem. My hunch is it is a faulty program related to the graphics card, so
maybe installing the latest drivers will help.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:40:54 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ isaia

Agreed, it is somewhat tricky posting images in this forum but it is possible, I suggest using the "post reply" button as opposed to the "quick reply" button and upload your images to an external sharing server like www.imgur.com and attach them with the url link...

(images are not attached directly in the forum but are pulled or embeded from an external source)

As far as maxing out on one core, unusual behavior for sure. Perhaps a more thorough description of your specs and setup would be beneficial in helping us to narrow down the cause, and as Martin suggests, it's probably an outdated driver or conflicting hardware somewhere in the chain.

Ice
isaia  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 9:16:50 PM(UTC)
isaia

regarding image attachments there is not check box to attach images.. I am using Chrome browser.. i am not sure if this make's a difference

regarding drivers for the video card you might be right.. i remember just last 2 3 weeks we did a driver up[date for the graphic card..

i will remove new drivers and try to install something older if i'll find any of the old drivers...
will update this as soon as i get my hands on that PC :)
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 10:14:42 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
I've taken the liberty to copy and update your original post to illustrate:

funny thing i found...

when pc on without starting Vmix software just log in as standard user we get this:
UserPostedImage

then we start vmix and the cpu one core continues but as soon as vmix is clicked off top right X we get a normal pc functionality

as you can see in the image..
it must be some vmix software that it is starting with windows.. maybe some capture software (desktop capture server maybe ?) we never used that part of the software, or something...

once we start vmix again we get:
UserPostedImage

then in we stop vmix by hand from the top x and it get's peaceful again.

UserPostedImage

hope this l helps a bit. and maybe you can add some functionality to upload photos on this board...? maybe.. just saying.. that would help..

as i might decide after my problem is solved to remove the photos from our server and then the links would be useless for future readers.

Of course, this won't work once you remove the images from your server.

Ice
test  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 10:45:22 PM(UTC)
test

Members should have permission to upload files now as demonstrated by this post!
test attached the following image(s):
logosilver1080p.png (55kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.