logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EpicVisionZone  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 9:57:42 AM(UTC)
EpicVisionZone

Groups: Registered
United States

Workflow Question: I want to have a Master Production Preset and then for each client I would have their client specific inputs such as logos, titles, etc.

My thinking is to have a separate vMix Preset for each customer, open that Preset and then append the Master Production Preset.

The issue I see is in the Master Production Preset I have an Input that references something like Customer1/Logo.gtzip

For the next customer I would have Customer2/Logo.gtzip

I would then need to edit the combined Master/Customer for input to reference Customer1/ or Customer 2/ i.e. each input might need to be changed along with multiviews.

Is there a way to automate this process. The reason for this is that the Master has all the latest/greatest processes that I want to make available to all customer setups. But don't want to go through the above process each time the Master is updated.

The other issue we have is that we have a Master and do all our testing, etc. Let's say there are 100 inputs. From that Master we create Customer 1, which we update/change/remove inputs and let's say it has 50 inputs. Customer 1 is perfect, all running great.

We then determine that there might be a better way to do something and we make the change in Master. We then only want those changes to be added/changed in Customer 1. Perhaps certain Input Triggers get updated and we only want those Triggers to be updated. Same for Shortcuts as an example.

We tried different ways to do this but what happens is the input numbers all get updated and all views/multiview are out of whack,etc.

What would be ideal is to do a Replace much like when copying an updated file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.