logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DwFMagik  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:52:58 AM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

It's rugby season here again and I'm looking for a setup that allows me to record everything I need on the one machine!

I got caught out last week where multi-record and action replay can't be used at the same time - which with the technical limitations seems reasonable - however, my demands aren't that great so am hoping some of you clever clogs will come up with a solution for me!

I have 2x SDI camera's coming 'in' to a blackmagic pro duo 2 PCI card - and 1 SDI going 'out'. I also am livestreaming to FB. Both cameras are 1080i/50.

I'm needing to record both cameras raw feeds to mp4 and also use action replay on camera 1 for our livestream/commentary production.

In years gone by, I've used the 'record' and set output 4 to just being camera2 raw feed - then having to split the SDI and record the main camera on a 2nd laptop... but this season, with the power of my main stream machine - and vmix's ability to record 4 channels in multi-record, is it too much to ask to utilize 3 channels of recording in a 2xrecord 1xar setup?

Any advice?! thanks a lot!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:09:50 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Maybe I don't understand your question a 100% but you can have 2 records, the multi-corder and replay. I haven't used replay that much but how it works is, that it writes the video to disk. So you automatically have a recording once you use replay. Or you use 2 external recorders in a loop through setup. BMD has some devices for that.
Another option would be using NDI option in vmix and record the NDI feed with other software locally or externally.
DwFMagik  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 7:39:50 PM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I don't understand your question a 100% but you can have 2 records, the multi-corder and replay. I haven't used replay that much but how it works is, that it writes the video to disk. So you automatically have a recording once you use replay. Or you use 2 external recorders in a loop through setup. BMD has some devices for that.
Another option would be using NDI option in vmix and record the NDI feed with other software locally or externally.

When I have 'multi-record' enabled (with my 2 camera outputs) , I cannot add an Action Replay, as it says AR and Multi can't be used at the same time.

I'm recording live sport (6 games a day), so can't use the AR recordings as deliverable files to the coaches at full time. Which is why i need the multi-record of each camera seperately.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:12:48 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Don't rely on one machine !

Export cams with ndi and use NDI studio monitors to record on other machine or have secondary machine capture cams while sending NDI to production machine.
More app options are available for NDI recordings
DwFMagik  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:29:28 PM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Don't rely on one machine !

Export cams with ndi and use NDI studio monitors to record on other machine or have secondary machine capture cams while sending NDI to production machine.
More app options are available for NDI recordings

How would that work? Whack a machine on the same network, NDI the two 'input' feeds (and audio) over to a second laptop, that records each as a separate mp4 at 32mbps?