logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andrewbinns  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 1:13:46 PM(UTC)
andrewbinns

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hey Everyone,

I've been using Vmix for the last 6months streaming and recording a 1hr session.

a few questions around the VmixAvi recording format that I have.

Background:
We are recording Vmix output using Vmix AVI due to its low cpu/gpu usage. Files are split every 10mins.

When editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC using the stock vmix avi files, I have no issues with compatibility, but the render time is 10x longer than if using the apple Pro res Mov format. When Premiere renders with the Vmix AVI files, it's only using 3% cpu usage, 15% GPU usage during render (Ryzen 9 3900X, Geforce 1660 Super, 32Gb ram) Hard drive activity is minimal also, I can't work out why its so slow to render. A 20min video is taking 25mins to render.

I can convert the Vmix AVI with the Vmix converter program to Apple Pro Res (this is also slow, only using 4cpu cores to convert - But that's a different limitation of the software I believe), this renders much faster - 2mins for a 20min video compared to 25min rendering with Vmix AVi files (GPU Usage with Mov files up to about 60% using GPU accelerate encoding). A separate problem I have here is that when using the multiple MOV files the mov files are not gapless when I import into Premiere, there's a few frames that are lost or duplicated when I import into adobe.

So my questions are:

Are there any ways to speed up the render time in Premiere using the Vmix Avi files?
Alternatively is there something I need to change for the converted Mov Files to be seamless when importing into Premiere?

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew