logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
allklier  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 9:26:35 AM(UTC)
allklier

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It would be nice to be able to cross-feed an audio bus to another audio bus, instead of having to add in some cases 20-30 inputs to the target bus.

This could be easily accomplished in the audio mixer, where on the outputs currently on buses A-G there is a button for the master bus (M), to simply add buttons for the other buses (as is the case on inputs) to enable a bus-cross feed, and add those buttons to the master as well.

Here are two possible use cases:

- When implementing a talk-back with VMix call right now we have to program short-cuts to change each individual call between Master and producer Mic. For six calls that's a long list. If instead we could setup audio bus C as the audio source for all calls, it would be a simpler task to change the producer mic to feed bus C vs. bus C cross feeding from the Master. So by default C would mirror the Master, but with the talk-button button pressed it would be temporarily replaced by the producer Mic feeding bus C, going out to all calls.

- When setting up a phone-call backup to VMix Call (in case of unforeseen network problems), I have a separate audio output for the phone call interface. Thus I use a separate audio bus so I can setup the output accordingly. But in order to feed program to this, I need to enable this audio bus on every single input. That's tedious. If I could have this audio bus mirror the master by default (unless something needs to change) that would be ideal.

There is a bit of a work-around that works in current version. Enable the NDI audio outputs, which publishes each audio bus via NDI. Then add an NDI input to capture the Master bus. Now there is an input that can be mapped to audio bus D for example.

Thanks,
Jan