logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevethornley  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 8:01:55 PM(UTC)
stevethornley

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So, after a fortnight of toing and froing with Greg from vMix Technical Support and the reps from most of the laptop manufacturers, I thought I would briefly share my experience and ask others of theirs, both inside and outside the UK.

I appreciate that the Covid-19 situation means there has been a shockwave sent through the supply chain, but I was wondering whether or not there was something else afoot and the implications for vMix users.

I am wanting to follow Tim's & Greg's recommendation for a laptop with G-Sync to avoid any issues but I cannot find one among the usual high-end manufacturers. I was beginning to wonder whether or not G-Sync technology was being phased out of laptops and then stumbled upon this article: https://beebom.com/best-g-sync-laptops/ - the salient sentence being:

Quote:
When manufacturers are choosing to remove G-Sync capability, itโ€™s great to see Acer sticking to the guns.

... except, even this article is out of date: the Acer Predator Triton 500 cited no longer has G-Sync in its latest iteration either!

I wondered if anyone could shed some light on whether or not they felt G-Sync was being left out of the new generation of laptops, if so, why, and what implications this had for anyone involved in using vMix to make content on the road? Also, what is the experience of users outside of the UK?

I think Tim's going to have to make another video ๐Ÿ‘

Many thanks!

Steve