logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aaron804  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 1:56:49 PM(UTC)
aaron804

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have an NVENC vMix program recording 1 hour 22 minutes 50mbps 1080p60. This was the first time I tried using fault tolerant and I'm really regretting it. My file is messed up even after using the video repair tool. Sync is completely off throughout and playback is not smooth.

Can anyone help?

Edit: I've sort of fixed it but maybe this info will help debug it...if I bring the separate WAV recording (also from vMix) and the reindexed video recording into Final Cut, the video is shorter than the audio. I retimed the video to about 95% speed and it lines up fine now.
kross  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 3:20:47 AM(UTC)
kross

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I just noticed the same problem. I had a hardware problem causing the computer to lock up during the live stream, so I enabled fault tolerant. Unfortunately, this caused problems with the recording. Playing the file directly in VLC is pretty rough. If I remux the file with ffmpeg, then playback is smooth, but audio starts out a little out of sync, and after about an hour, it has drifted to be about 5 seconds out of sync.

It would be nice if we could record (with h.264 compression) to a file that won't be unusable if the file isn't closed properly.