logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcarrol2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:53:43 AM(UTC)
dcarrol2

Groups: Registered
United States

For our particular workflow, it would be helpful if the browser inputs shared a common cache.

We use the browser inputs to display graphics for sports broadcasts. We have a variety of different graphics (i.e., scorebug, bumpers going in/out of ad breaks, score summaries, etc) with nearly all of them referencing the score. Therefore, it would be nice to store the score data in a cookie or web storage object and be able to reference the data from any browser input. Then we could change the score in one graphic and have it update in all of the other graphics.

Currently, vMix the cache for each browser input is stored in a separate directory, \ProgramData\vMix\cefcache\random_5_digits\

I understand that having distinct caches is advantageous in many circumstances, so I'm not asking for the default behavior to be changed, rather adding the option of a shared cache if the user so desires.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:22:47 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Why don't you use the score data as a datasource and just use the graphics as backgrounds. You change the datasource once and it's updated everywhere.
dcarrol2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:13:24 AM(UTC)
dcarrol2

United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Why don't you use the score data as a datasource and just use the graphics as backgrounds. You change the datasource once and it's updated everywhere.

I thought about it and even tried it in a older version (21?), but never could make it work.

What I didn't mention was that we pull score data directly from the scoreboard controller. It essentially ends up as a multi-dimensional array (technically JSON). I can convert it to row-oriented data, but that would be a pain to re-code and less flexible than what I have now.

Basically, I have a system that works really well, but the only thing reducing efficiency is the inability to share web storage objects between browser inputs.