logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AD_MXF  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 3:39:20 AM(UTC)
AD_MXF

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi all,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this issue but it's tough to nail down as it happens only once in a while and sometimes resolves itself. I'm bringing in a combination of mac and PC screens through decimators (HX and LX) into Blackmagic capture cards. Details below and things I know and have tried. Hoping someone can give me another thing to try/consider/troubleshoot?

Here's a link to a video displaying what happens (sorry for the shakiness and blurring). Sometimes it's blue lines, orange, grey and doesn't have a time or pace to the artifacts once it starts: vMix Issue

Specs and details:
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900X Desktop Processor 10 Cores/20-Thread Processor LGA2066, 3.7 GHz Base
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime X299-A II Intel X299 LGA 2066 ATX
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC 8G Graphic Card - 8 GB GDDR6 - 1.85 GHz Core
SSD: Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB M.2 NVMe PCI-E Gen4 Read: 5000MB/s (1 for OS, 1 for recording)
CAPTURE CARDS: Blackmagic Design DeckLink 8K Pro 12G-SDI Capture Card & Decklink Quad HDMI Recorder

Things I've tried:

Blackmagic drivers are all up to date.
Tried switching out HDMI and SDI cables and putting decimators in front.
Tried all types of frame rates, on both the computers and vMix.
Problem was fixed in the past by rolling back to a previous project file, but has started again even by going back to previous project files.
Let the 6 camera input setup run and suddenly stopped 3 hours in.
GPU memory at 45-50%. CPU memory no higher than 20%.
Scan lines/artifacts/rolling lines appear on different inputs, hopping around sometimes as I change camera input source properties. Happens with both HDMI and SDI capture card.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Also followed all vMix High Performance modes and optimizations, cleared out any GPU software that would slow it down and PCIe are in the rights lanes.

*This happens when I'm not even recording or streaming. Just during rehearsals. Adding the computers as NDI works, but don't want to rely on that in case of internet/power failure and having to switch to a NIC cellular modem.